Ch 7. A Confession

~Elodie's POV~

​We had found an empty carriage in the Slytherin area of the train and Cedric rushed us in and closed the blinds. This worried me a bit, I had absolutely no idea what to think, and he was acting as if something was wrong. Oh, how I hopped nothing was wrong.

​He turned to me and raised his hands to either side of my face and pulled me towards him and engulfed me in a kiss. His tongue traced the parting of my lips and I opened them to allow him entrance. He dropped his hands to my waist, and I lifted mine to intertwin my finders into his hair holding him closer. It felt like time had begun to move slowly. I didn't know what I was doing, but my body knew exactly how to react. But in the same instance, I opened my eyes wide and pushed him off of me.

​ "Bloody hell, what has gotten into you?" I asked him almost angry.

​ "Well, just a moment ago, you," He said with a cocky smile as he began to step towards me again. Okay, now I was angry.

​ "Oh don't, you dare try and be cute. You know I really don't understand you sometimes Cedric, just the other night, you're kissing me and telling me you want to be more than friends, and then the very next day you won't even look at me. What is going on?" I asked him as I took a seat in one side of the carriage.

​He took a seat opposite of me, "You said you didn't mind," he said looking utterly confused. And then I realized. We hadn't been on the same page all along, I had feelings for him, he didn't.

​ "I didn't mind you kissing me and holding my hand because I thought you were finally sure you liked me back," I told him feeling tears build in my eyes.

​He moved so he wasn't across from me anymore, instead he was next to me. He encased my hands in his and looked into my eyes. All I could see in his were sorrow. It hurt him to hurt me.

​ "Listen to me, the other night in the tent was amazing, do you hear me?" he told me set in his words. He meant it. "I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world, Okay, I wouldn't trade you for anything," He told me reassuring me, before the final blow. "But I just, as you were sleeping, I realized something," He said.

​There was a silence as he waited for my answer, but I knew if I said anything it would be met with a whimper of hidden sobs.

​ "I meant what I said, I want you to be in my life, no matter what. But what if there's another occurrence like this? Hmm? What if we start something now only for it to erupt because we're too young?" he told me, and it sounded absolutely ridiculous.

​ "So, you're pulling away now, once you've started something, but before it gets too far?" I told him standing from my seat wanting what little space the compartment would allow.

​ "I need to, if we're eventually going to have a chance..." he started but I cut him off.

​ "Don't!" I said, almost shouting at him. I took a moment to compose myself.

​ "Please don't hate me, just understand, I'm doing what I feel is necessary," he told me.

​ "I need some space, I just, I need some time to...If you're going to do what you feel you need to do, then I need to do what I think I should do. And that requires some space," I explained to him.

​ "Of course, anything you need" He said, not pressing the issue. "Elodie, I really am sorry".

​I opened the door of the carriage and walked back up the express to get out of Slytherin cart and away from him as fast as possible. I was just about to reach the Carriage Harry and his friends

where in when I stopped to take a moment for myself. I leaned against the support bead and slid down, so I was squatting allowing myself to catch my breath. I cleared the tears that had built up in my eyes away. I hated this, I hated that I knew something was off the whole time, I saw it play out in my head, yet here I was.