CH 88. Dumbledore's Truth

Hello my lovely Lovies!

As you all know I love hearing your comments and taking some of your ideas into consideration to fit into my timeline. One of the best I've received I'd been saving to make in the best possible way I know how. So please enjoy, as I know I've enjoyed receiving this idea and working it into my narrative.

Sit back, relax, enjoy a snack (I have a bowl of Froot Loops) and a nice warm drink (I have mint tea). I'll  be with you in the comments!

Love and Pensive's 

Val

When the truth is promised, it's not always the truth we want to hear that is revealed.

~Elodie's POV~

I cast a drying charm over my hair, and quickly tied my hair up into a ponytail before I left the bathroom and went to change into my uniform robes. My first day back at the castle, and Dumbledore requested I meet him for tea beforehand. In total, I'd missed about two weeks of classes, even though Harry and the others had returned to the castle after Christmas. The rest of us relocated the remainder of the Weasleys to mine and Freds until we were able to undo the damage caused by the fire.

Normally I'd enjoy having everyone around in such close proximity. Especially with all the additional help they were able to provide with Ruby which gave me time to focus on school work. Not that Molly gave anyone else much of a chance with her, she was quickly growing accustomed to having all of her grandparents and a few of her uncles at her disposal.

What disturbed me was the rift Christmas had caused between me and Fred. It was an understatement to say he was upset I'd ran after Bellatrix. Even more so when he saw the bruise I'd tried to hide courtesy of my dear old auntie. Not to mention the way his face turned red and the vein in his forehead began to protrude when Sirius let it slip that Grayback had been an accomplice as well.

I understood where he was coming from. I'd be a complete nutter not to. But I knew that if I'd told him Bella had tried to get me to go with her, there would be no stopping him from putting himself in danger as he did what he thought he'd need to do to keep us safe. That's not how I would let it play out. I needed to keep him safe.

"Freddie?" I asked him as I walked into the kitchen to pour myself a quick cup of coffee as I looked around for my potions journal. The clutter from Mr. Weasley bringing work home with him and meeting notes Sirius and Remus kept around was something I could live without. Though Molly tried to reign them in, it seemed like a never ending stack of journals and parchment.

"Yes dear?" He asked in a sing-song voice as he looked through the lens of a polaroid camera, charmed with never ending film. He shot another picture of Ruby in Mollys arms, wanting to document her every move. "Right here guppy, look at daddy."

"Have you seen- nope, there it is," I said, spotting the orange cover under a stack of parchment on the far counter. "I'm running just a bit behind," I informed him as I threw the journal into my bag and placed a bottle for Ruby in the icebox.

"I thought your class wasn't for a few more hours?" He said as he dropped the camera slightly and reached into his pocket to pull out his pocket watch and check the time.

I pulled a long drink from my mug when I caught George's eye. He knew just as I did that even though tensions had settled, Fred was still a bit on edge. While I'd hoped in the time that had passed he'd gradually ease up, I didn't think it would be this gradual. It was only the night before he was placing more presidents in the idea that perhaps it wasn't safe that I return to the castle. Not that he'd ever admit Draco Malfoy was right.