CH 96. Fight or Flight

A/N: Hello my Lovely Lovies,

I wanted to make sure I posted this chapter tonight, so even though it's a couple hours late, and there may be some spelling mistakes, it has been posted on time. I want to give a fair warning that the next chapter may come a week late as I will be busy with my other book as well as work obligations. But it will come. 

I had a lot of fun writing this chapter as it is one of my favorite movie scenes. So without wasting too much time, grab a snack (I ate popcorn while writing) and a drink (Lots of tea was consumed while writing) and lets dive in! I'll be in the comments!

Love and battle of the seven Potters,

Val

When a mission doesn't go as planned, will the troops fall to the ground, or catch themselves mid air?

~Elodie's POV~

"Potter, you're underage. Which means you've still got the trace on you," Mad eye said, standing taller than everyone else as he propped himself up with his walking stick.

"What's the trace?" Harry asked quickly.

"Why, if you sneeze, the ministry will know who wipes your nose," He answered sarcastically, causing me to snort slightly. "The point is, we have to use those means of transport the trace can't detect. Brooms, Thestrals, and the like. We go in pairs. That way if anyone is out there waiting for us - And I reckon there will be - They won't know which Harry Potter is the real one."

A group of Harry Potters. All a matching set.

"The... Real one?" Harry asked hesitantly. Almost as if he knew, but didn't believe it was actually what we'd decided to go through with.

Reaching into his coat pocket, Mad eye pulled out his flask, holding it in front of him before giving it a little shake. "I believe you're familiar with this particular brew," He said tauntingly, flipping the topper off of it so it opened.

"No!" Harry protested immediately, realizing Mad eye had been serious. "Absolutely not."

I let out a muffled chuckle, taking a step closer to Tonks, interlacing my fingers with hers. "I told you he'd take it well," Hermionie said with a sigh.

"Not much of a say in it I'm afraid," I said to Harry, pulling his attention to me. "Mad eye said it. You're underage."
"No. If you think I'm going to let everyone risk their lives for me, I- I-" Harry stuttered.

"Never done that before, have we?" Ron said, disproving Harry's arguments. And he had a point. But we needed a means to an end. And this seemed like the only logical way out. At least, the only logical way out of London.

"This is different. Taking that. Becoming me- no," Harry continued.

I tugged on my sleeve, pulling it down as they went about. I tried to stay present, but my mind was too far gone. Everything else was just noise. And all I wanted was a moment of silence, just quiet enough to think my own thoughts for once.

"Well, none of us really fancy it, mate," Fred said. His voice, bringing me back down to earth. Anchoring me, as he stood just inches away. I would have liked nothing more than to reach out and touch him. To hold his hand as he rubbed his thumb back and forth.

"Yeah, imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as scrawny, specky gits forever," George said jokingly, earning a breathy laugh from Tonks and Ron. I saw what he was doing. It's what he and Fred always did in hard situations.