CH 86. Rubies on the Pitch

Hello my Lovely Lovies!!

Just wanted to give a bit of explanation before this chapter begins. Someone sent me a message after last weeks wanting to know what happened in the other room, and you know me. I said "Say Less," and I wrote it. So if you were a bit triggered by what happened last week, skip to the second POV of this chapter, and you should be fine. 

On another note, I wanted to inform everyone that I may be taking next week off for a break to prevent burnout, and to really dedicate time to a book Idea I had for my own universe of characters. I tried to make this one a bit longer to hold you over in the event I should take a break, but please bare with me.

So sit back, Grab a snack, (I have Chili covered Gushers) and a drink (I chose Grapefruit La Croix) and enjoy! I'll be here for you in the comments

Love and Quidditch,

Val

~George's POV~

"Alright, alright, I just need one big one, and it'll all be over soon, okay?" Mum said from the other side of the living room.

I stayed in a corner with dad, not wanting to see anything that would be regretted later on. While also wanting to be in the room should anything be needed, that way we could make ourselves more useful.

It was loud. Not just from screams and moans erupting from Elodie, but also everyone around her. Mum yelling instructions at her, Remus and Sirius giving words of encouragement, Fred letting out subtle grunts from having his hands broken. But largely, the shaking of the walls, the house shaking in reaction to Elodie's pain.

The room was thick with the scent of blood. A worry that kept Tonks right at mum's side, bottle of dittany in hand. It did seem rather counter intuitive, healing her as they asked for her to continuously rip her body in half. Promising her that at the end, she would have something earth shattering and wonderful.

I remembered back to the day when Fred told me they found out. The way he'd been distracted, not being able to wipe the mischievous filled smile off of his face as we set up shop. All I had to do was ask what had his mind elsewhere for him to share the news. A wedding and a child. All decided within a twenty four hour period.

And though they were barely even eighteen, and there was danger lurking in every nook and cranny, we all knew they would succeed.

Though I should have seen it coming, it still shook me in surprise when they asked if I would be the godfather. Children were wonderful, Ginny and Ron had solidified that in my mind. And I loved being a big brother, almost as much as I enjoyed being a little brother.

Angelina had asked if it was giving me any ideas for the future. And I'd been honest with her in saying that I would love nothing more than to marry and start a family. Though I'd always been the less reckless, more reasonable twin. And I would prefer to wait. Wait until there was no longer a sword over our heads. Wait until we no longer had to worry about death eaters in the streets. Just. Wait.

I didn't have much of a memory when Ron was born, but I did have a slight inkling once Ginny had come home. I remembered the way she was fragile, and soft. Needing to be careful, because she needed to get a bit stronger before she could roughhouse. Mostly I remember her coming home with the same pale skin, rosey cheeks and freckles. The way all Weasley children were.

"That's it! That's it!" Tonks said, encouraging Elodie as she was leaning forward, Fred hanging onto her like a backpack, letting her break his hand all in the hopes it would take her pain.