CH 59. The Last Party

A look into Elodie and Fred's relationship as they return to school and enjoy a few weeks without any troubles. A birthday party is a great way to let off steam, Joke around and perhaps even build bridges.

Songs used to help write this chapter:

Passenger seat - Brianna Hildebrand and Kat Cunning

Dancing queen - ABBA

Fallingforyou - The 1975

~Fred's POV~

"Did you speak to Winky and the other house elves?" Elodie asked me and George as she sat against a tree. We'd come to the garden courtyard with Ginny because Katie Bell's birthday was tomorrow and while Lee kept her distracted, we'd all be setting up the party.

"Yes. She and the other house elves are more than happy to send everything to the common room," George told her as he tossed me a prototype for a new darkness powder we were working on.

"Hey, today's Valentines day, shouldn't you two be off on a date somewhere?" Ginny asked, gesturing to me and Elodie.

"We already celebrated," I said as I went to crouch down and place a kiss into Elodie's temple as she continued writing on her checklist of things to take care of tomorrow.

"When? You've been with us since lunch?" George asked as he brought his eyebrows in together.

"He didn't wake up in his own bed now did he?" Elodie said sarcastically without looking up from her writing.

I wiggled my eyebrows at George and Ginny, then made a motion to dust off my shoulders. "What can I say, my girl knows what she likes," I said, earning myself a smile and an eye roll.

I would have wanted to sneak through one of the hidden tunnels and gone to Hogsmeade for the day, but Umbridge was still keeping an annoyingly close watch on both El and Harry. I also would have loved to have gotten her a present, the kind that a bloke buys when he's really in love with a girl. Only there wasn't much I could get her that she didn't already have. She wasn't one for flowers or chocolates, and I was planning to dip into the shop fund and get her the Quick-Quotes Quill she'd mentioned wanting around her birthday, but McGonagall gifted her one over the Christmas holiday.

She'd said that the christmas gift I'd given her was the best thing she'd ever received, and she hadn't taken it off once since then, so I believed it. Instead I let her do what she loved to do. Plan a birthday for someone else. And that included Katies party. I would have preferred to continue what we were doing this morning, and let the sounds of her completion fill the air as my face rested between her thighs. Or even move her onto all fours as she'd asked me to last night. There were probably a thousand other ways I'd love to have her and I still could never picture myself having enough. But this was what she wanted to do instead. Priorities and all apparently.

"Okay so I think that's everything, if you two already have the Butterbeer and Whiskey hidden," She said checking off a few last minute items on her list.

"Should we head back?" Ginny asked.

"Not yet my love. It's a bit sunny today, let's enjoy it," She said as Ginny rested her head on Elodie's shoulder. She'd missed this the most, her friendship with Ginny. It was good to see her happy. Holiday had definitely helped in raising her spirits again, even though she wasn't allowed to go outside.

I'd been sent to my own room for the night as she and the girls wanted to have a ladies night before Katie's birthday since none of them had an early class in the morning. I was a bit worried at first, since her and Agnelina were still on the outs. But Olivia would be there, and Elodie had reassured me that Angelina hadn't said anything negative since returning.