CH 69. A Long Road

The long awaited chapter. Nothing else needs to be said.

Songs used to write this chapter: 

What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

It's Been A Long Long Time - Kitty Kallen

Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan

~Elodies POV~

Minerva waited for me at the bottom of the stairs. Taking both of my hands and giving me one last head to toe look before placing a hand on my face. She'd gotten me this far, it only made sense that she be the one to walk beside me. Not the most popular choice, as both Remus and Sirius pouted when I told them, but they understood.

"My darling girl," She said, her eyes glazing over as we began walking outside to the side of the tent so no one would see me yet. "Your mother and father would have been so proud."

"They are," I told her and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "Don't let me fall," I asked her as I kicked forward my dress.

"I never have, and I don't intend to start now my dear," she said and handed me my bouquet.

"Ready?" Ginny asked standing in front of us, wand ready to being the music. I gave her a nod, and with a swish of her wand, "After you sir," Cat was the first to walk in, Wedding band around his bowtie, and she was closely behind.

Her beautiful sleek emerald dress was glowing in the gloomy light. Her fiery hair against it burning, more beautiful than I could have pictured. I counted to five and then jerked my chin forward to open the slit of the canopy, stepping into the beautifully lit tent, which only brought me comfort. I wasn't nervous, but I had to remind myself to breathe. At the end of the line, Fred was waiting for me.

I see trees of green. Red roses too. I see them bloom. For me and you

Everyone was on their feet, staring at me, watching me walk by. Katie with Lee, Alicia and Olivia, I even saw Dumbledore with the Diggory's. Fred on the other hand, looked like he sucked in a breath too quickly, nearly thrown over, as he lifted both of his hands to his mouth and ran them down his chin. A good sign, I took it. He started rocking back and forth on his toes like an excited child wanting things to move along quicker.

And I think to myself, What a wonderful world

If everything I'd gone through in life brought me to this moment, the moment in which I walked away from uncertainty and loneliness, then maybe it had been worth it. Granted, I would have wanted nothing more than to have my parents and Cedric here in person, but their seemingly empty seats at the front gave me a bit of comfort that maybe...just maybe...

I see skies of blue. And clouds of white. The bright blessed day. The dark sacred night

Only a few steps away, Bill in the center, George at his side. Fred looked absolutely stunning in his deep navy blue suit. The twinkling lights above our heads gave it a subtle glow. I thanked Godric I had been able to convince him against wearing a kilt. I hadn't known if he was trying to see how far he could take the joke or if he really wanted to wear it. But everything was perfect. Just as he'd reassured me it would be.

And I think to myself, What a wonderful world

I turned to Minerva and she gave me a kiss on the cheek before moving my hand over to Fred's. It was the best part of my magic, the way that a glow erupted in the core of my chest everytime we touched. It was one of the things that I selfishly hoped would never pass. But nothing else mattered. The only one that did was Fred, and Bill, who was ready to tie our lives together.