CH 71. The Secret Keeper

A/N: So Originally I wanted to give you all two chapters tonight, but the next one still requires heavy editing that I couldn't get done tonight due to Etsy business. If you don't know I run a Wax melt/Candle company that specializes in Fandom scents (I.E. Harry Potter) so I had to get that done today.

No matter. I really liked using this chapter to show the direction the story will be following. I've said it before, I'll say it again, everything in the story matters and everything comes full circle. As always my dear loves, You know I love talking to you in the comments, and I love hearing your theories and predictions.

Happy New Year! 

Love and Wheezes

Val

A simple job interview turned out to be more than what Elodie Expected. Will all be as easy as it seems? Or is there something more to the way Sirius looks at her?

~Elodie's POV~

I fiddled with the sleeve of my jumper as I sat in the lobby of the Department of Mysteries. I'd opted for layers today, both to prepare for the cold I remember it being, and to try and hide Guppy a bit. I wanted to actually tell my employer I was pregnant in my own words, not surprise him with it. Minerva hadn't told me too much about Brian Thineus. She said I'd know everything I needed to once I sat down for a meeting.

There wasn't too much preparing I could do before coming in, though I thought bringing in my school records and letters of recommendation would be a good place to start. Women walked by dressed in casual clothing, jeans, and t-shirt under their blazers, making me feel completely overdressed. Though the sounds of their heels clicking on the floor filled the air with a calming sound. A rhythmic sound.

"Mrs. Weasley-Potter?" The receptionist called, pulling my attention back to her. "Brian will see you now," She said with a smile and gestured to the office door behind her.

I stood up, grabbing my bag and my file before walking behind her. "Thank you," I said in a well-mannered form. I entered the office and saw a woman, dressed in high waisted brown trousers with a flowy white top tucked in. I tried to control my face; Minerva hadn't mentioned that Brian was a beautiful, icy haired woman.

"Good morning Mrs. Potter. Or do you prefer Weasley-Potter? We're all on a first name basis here," She asked.

"Weasley-Potter is preferred. My surname is rather mouthful, but Elodie works just as well," I told her as I shook her hand before taking a seat in the chair she gestured to.

"Yes, I see you made a requested name change just before your nuptials. Congratulations on both counts," She said with a warm smile. "Public record, I have to review everyone who I consider for employment before I allow them in. But you've already been here if I'm not mistaken?" She said, closing my file.

"Uhm, yes. That was a bit of a misunderstanding," I said, fearing that I already had made a terrible first impression.

She moved to sit at the front of her desk, leaning back on it casually. "You helped put eleven death eaters in Azkaban. I'd hardly call that a misunderstanding," She said as I let out a breath. "Public record. Now I am looking for someone to assist me on day-to-day tasks. Someone that I can groom to take over the department one day."

"Right, I've brought this for you," I said opening up my file and seeing that Fred had slipped in a spare piece of parchment that said, 'Good Luck'. I grabbed the papers behind it as I bit back a smile. "Even though my examinations were incomplete, I still managed to finish my schooling a year early, with top marks in the N.E.W.T.S that I did complete. And you'll also find that I have letters of Recommendation from nearly all of my professors," I explained nervously.