CH 64. Family Matters

While everyone else is busy with the end of school and the joke shop, Elodie takes the day to visit someone unexacting her.

Songs for this chapter:

Lost Boy - Ruth B.

Break My Heart Again - FINNEAS

Be Alright - Lucy Rose

In For The Kill - La Roux (Abbey Road Sessions)

Leaves From The Vine - AtinPiano

~Elodie's POV~

            Tired and energetic. The only word I could use to describe how I was feeling these last two weeks was tired and energetic. When I woke up in the mornings, I felt like I could run a marathon, but at about lunch time and again at dinner, I felt like I wanted to lay in bed for days. It didn't hurt that Sirius had eased up and let us get away with Fred sneaking into my room at night. He knew it was happening and refused to say anything. Though once he found out we were very secretly engaged and expecting a baby, he might change his mind.

            Excited as he was, I made Fred agree to wait to tell anyone. At least until Harry and Ginny returned from school. Between him and George setting up the shop and me house hunting with Remus and Sirius, there hadn't been much time for shocking news regardless. Today we were visiting the house from my vision, we'd taken a look at twice already. It was old but something about it kept demanding to be seen again. It was about two miles down the road from the burrow, the closest neighbor was half a mile away, though the house was vacant. It sat right behind a dock that rested on the river, with beautiful green vines creeping up the house.

            "Picture it, we can place a piano right here. Two sofas and a couple of chairs there. A coffee table in the center, we would definitely have to paint, don't much care for wallpaper," Sirius said as he walked through the sunny front room.

            "I don't know how much leverage you'll have if the saleswoman hears you making plans already," I said to him a bit amused by his excitement. There was a sudden quiet that came over the room. When I turned to look at him, he stood with Remus's arm draped around his shoulder both with huge grins plastered on their faces.

            "It's ours," Remus said simply.

            "You've already purchased it haven't you?" I asked as I realized the true meaning behind his words. They both nodded at me as I let out a little breath. "Huh, well then. I agree about the wallpaper, but the light in this room would be much better suited for plants not a piano," I said.

            "We can start moving in tomorrow. Keep Grimmuald place as a safe house for The Order. Minerva said she can contact the Dursley's to have Harry's belongings sent over," He said as he went on. It was beautiful. It was everything I wanted. For a moment I'd almost forgotten that the plan had changed.

            Looking at them I wanted to tell them, in the hopes they would like both of my announcements. But telling them without Fred here wouldn't be entirely fair. Though given their protectiveness it was definitely better to do it with plenty of witnesses around.

            Given that I was soon about to be visibly growing another witch or wizard, we'd thought it would be the best idea to elope. Have something quick and easy, no mess about it. Once we took our families into consideration, more specifically Molly, we thought a small end of June wedding would be best. If anyone could plan a wedding in three weeks, it was Molly. Though we agreed, it wouldn't be something huge, just our families and a handful of friends. Everyone could come dressed as they wanted.