CH 89. Sectumsempra

A/N: Hello my lovely Lovies!

Running a bit late today, but I think it's well other it. Based on the title, I'm sure many of you will know an event that takes place in this chapter. One of my favorite things to do, especially with the way I've developed my own character, and existing characters in the story, is give them more layers to make them more rounded as people.

Without giving too much away, sit back, grab a snack (I'd recommend popcorn or chips) and a drink (I have a cola).  I'll be with you in the comments.

Currently I am on vacation, So I will try and upload at the scheduled time these next two weeks, but forgive me if they run a bit behind.

When a moment from her past is clarified, Elodie begins a new plan. Her own plan. One that will help her in the part of the future she can still control. But when Harry takes a page from her book, will a realization make her see things differently, or will it threaten the entirety of her plan all together?

~Elodie's POV~

I felt the dip of weight being removed from my side, as a coaxing hush began to fill the air. I'd fallen asleep feeding Ruby as I tried to figure out how to use one of the muggle cell phones Sirius and Remus had gotten each of us, for days when we'd need a way to contact each other and a patronus would be too risky. A funny little thing, the only phones I'd seen needed to be hooked to a cable from the wall. This one called itself Nokia and worked off of a tiny nub Remus called an antenna.

I had been awaiting Fred to come home so I could get some school work done. It hadn't been until I decided to lay down to feed her more comfortably that I realized just how tired I was. Between planning what I'd need to prepare in the coming months, studying the ancient runes Snape had given me, and keeping secret from everyone, I was absolutely ghasted.

"Shhh, were you watching mommy sleep?" I heard Fred's voice fill the air, being met by a tiny fuss. "I do that too sometimes. Mustn't let her know, she'll have a heart attack if you're too much like me," He said as I heard him leave the room.

I turned to look up at the ceiling, feeling fully awake. How could I say goodbye to this? Especially without even so much as a proper goodbye. How could I turn my back on those that had loved me more than I love myself? How could I turn my back on the person who continued to love me, even when I didn't love myself? I sat up in bed and reached over to grab my bag and make my way to the office down stairs to begin on my school work. From my bag I pulled my potions journal and a roll of parchment watching the way Cat joined me. I needed to get my work done tonight If I wanted to spend the free hour tomorrow meeting with Katie on her first day back.

I used the time alone to complete my essay on the proper uses of an insanity potion and the common combination with a memory potion. When I was nearly done, I stretched my arms over my head and looked out the window to see the way the leaves from the nearby oak tree swayed in the breeze, dancing about, a few parting ways. Nature, always moving, always changing and adjusting.

I stood from my seat, humming as I looked over the bookshelf in search of a volume on Magical Drafts and Potions. Keeping myself distracted, almost as if nothing was wrong in the slightest. Almost as if I wasn't dying on the inside. I continued humming quietly to myself as I grabbed the volume from the top shelf and sat back at the desk before flicking my wrist to put on the record player quietly.

"Poor old Johnny Ray. Sounded sad upon the radio. Moved a million hearts in mono," The gramophone filled the air with a catchy melody. Drowning out the noise inside my head. No longer a consistent chatter, but almost a buzzing. Like they were busy. Planning. Plotting.