CH 38. Floating

~Elodie's POV~

I sat in Minerva's office spread out on the recamier casually sipping tea as I tried to work on the study guide for my Divinations exam. She was finishing up a class but would surely come in and grade papers once she dismissed her students. Normally I'd go to Study hall in the Great Hall, or even the Library, but I felt like I needed a change of scenery. That and weeks had passed, and I still didn't know how to sit across from Cedric knowing that he'd look up at me from time to time with those grief struck eyes. He said he wasn't rushing into anything new, meaning he was probably taking things with Cho slow. I wondered how she'd feel over the fact he asked me to play the part in front of his parents at the last challenge in a couple weeks?

​I dipped my quill into my ink pot, only to be surprised by it being empty. Had I really been at it for that long that I hadn't noticed my supply was running low? I kept meaning to buy more, but between classwork, homework and study guides I'd been writing like a mad woman. I looked over to Minerva's desk to look for her Inkwell but came up empty. I stopped my search when I saw the framed photo she kept at her desk. I looked about seven or eight, missing teeth, hair in two braids. This woman, I owe her everything.

​I didn't remember the photo, then again there were still a lot of memories I still hadn't figured out if they were real or not, it was all a jumbled mess I had decided to take a break from. Professor Trelawney had told me, once I sorted everything out, I could possibly remember things as far back to infancy. I liked to think I could, I remembered Sirius and Remus, 16 years younger than they currently were. I was just tired of trying all the time.

​I sat back at my work and looked over everything I'd done so far. I wondered if it was worth interrupting Minerva's class just to get some ink. I leaned back on recamier and looked up at the ceiling. I felt like though I had rid myself of the stress and pressures of a relationship, I still felt an unmanageable weight on my shoulders. I wondered what it was like to not have any worries. To be as light as a feather.

​Let us take control...

You can do so much more...

I closed my eyes and let out a slow deep breath, similar to the meditation exercises I'd been using to try and control the deeper, darker side of my magic. I opened my eyes and things were still the same. I stretched myself out properly and relaxed. Closed my eyes and took in a breath. I wondered what it would feel like to be weightless, to float like a feather about the entire world, looking down, knowing I could fall at any moment, but having had those few moments of bliss would make it enough. When I released it, I kept pushing, further and further. It felt like I had pushed out all the air my body was capable of holding. And for a moment, I felt everything stop. My heart, my brain, the world around me. Everything seemed to sink beneath me. I opened my eyelids to look through unclouded shifted eyes, and with each breath I moved closer and closer to the ceiling. I was floating.

Use us...

We're here with you...

​I let the hissing go on and on, focusing on my breathing. It felt like a million electrical sparks leaving feathered kisses and covering every inch of my body. I felt in control of every nerve of my body. I let a giggle escape my lips as the euphoric and orgasmic feeling took over. I couldn't imagine any better feeling could exist in the world.

​Someone's coming...

​The last hiss spoke right as the door crept open. My head snapped to the side and I felt the shift leave my eyes and I immediately crashed back into the recamier. I landed harder than I thought I would, then again, I'd been higher up than I thought I could.

​ "What in Merlin's name are you doing?" Minerva shouted at me as she quickly shut her office door behind her. She looked at me in disbelief as I rubbed the back of my head that had hit the arm of the recamier a bit too hard. She waited for an answer, but I didn't know how exactly to answer her. What had I been doing? From time to time I'd indulge the hisses and let them guide my decisions, but never like this, never render control.