CH 85. The Second Act

A/N: Hello my lovely lovies!

Back again, picking up where we left off last chapter, but I wanted to give a warning, once again. This chapter and a bit of the next chapter will be touching on so very dark, and very real subject matter that for the most part does happen to women everyday. If you're uncomfortable reading, then please skip, and DM me so I can just tell you the clip notes version of what happens.

Again, this is not the end, so just proceed as you see fit. I'll be here to interact with everyone in the comments, so lets dive in!

Love and Dittany

Val

Time is unpredictable. Sometimes it's a messy horror. Sometimes it's worse than imaginable. But in the worst, we're able to see a different way

~Elodie's POV~

I'd never felt as though my body was my own. My mind and my body existed on two separate continents. One in which my mind resided in a library, constantly feasting as if I'd spent a portion of my life deprived of knowledge, and scholarly words my soul yearned for. My body was never mine. In turn, it was the ghost of my mothers, resurrected to appear as she once had. Most of my life I could compare it to an out of body experience. One in which I was simply a puppeteer, pulling the strings on my favorite and most hated doll.

Stumbling through the empty corridors, it felt as if I was watching someone else's body burn, feeling her growing pain with every rip and clutch of a tinier doll tearing her way out. But still, I did my best to place one foot in front of the other, making my way through the castle, towards the floo in Snaps office. It was Draco that kept me steady, tucking an arm around me to help me walk. Allowing me to take a break when the contractions grew to a level of pain beyond measure.

"We're almost there. Just a bit further," He said, keeping me calm by the slightest distraction. I let out a groan I tried to conceal, but as the pain ripped through me I felt my eyes begin to roll back. "Come on, stay with me," He would say when my feet would drag behind me.

"Ah-" a cry escaped from my lips before I slapped my hand over my mouth to allow us to go unnoticed. "My dad's. I need to go to my dad's," I said quickly through gritted teeth as I tried my best to remain as silent as possible.

"Elodie, you're bleeding. You need a hospital, with potions and healers. Not a criminal and a werewolf," He said as he bettered his grip under my arm to pull me along with better ease.

"No, no, no, no, no," I said feeling my legs go limp with another wave erupting through me. "Mmm, Sirius. He'll know what to do... Who to call," I said as I gripped onto him harder. "Please. Promise me."

He leaned forward slightly, then straightened, tucking my knees under his arm to carry me the remainder of the way. "Okay," He said and began briskly walking to Snape's office. He moved with ease to not add to my discomfort. But after the bulk of it had passed, I was seated in a chair and I became aware.

"You've got- just there," I said faintly and pointed to his stained white sleeve.

He let out a sigh and he worked on the charm to unlock Professor Snape's Chimney. "It's your blood, Potter. Not mine. I need to get you away from here," He said quietly.

He was hazy, almost as if he'd been standing in a cloud. And it wasn't just the pain induced tears in my eyes that was making everything foggy. "Don't..." I said, redirecting his attention back to me. "You only call me Potter...when you're cross," I said lazily, seeing him and his clone.