CH 52. Good Days Turned Banned

A/N: When Elodie tries to distract herself from her visions by spending time with Fred, will the day go entirely as planned? With the Quidditch season beginning, what will be in store for the Gryffindor team now that Umbridge is in charge?

Songs used to inspire this chapter:

I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys

True Colors - The Weeknd

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - The Offspring

~Elodie's POV~

Part of me couldn't shake what Professor Trelawney had said. Nor could I ride myself of the vision we had shared. Though everything else happening added to my growing stress. I found myself often searching for a distraction. I went into my trunk one day when I had been in the mood to read through Harry's letters but realized that they had been taken from my trunk. I figured Harry must have taken them since I told him I wouldn't read them until I was ready. I was in the boy's room with Katie as we studied, and the boys went about their own doings. Mostly they were all too focused on the quidditch game tomorrow to get anything done. From what Katie had told me Angelina was beginning to speak to George again, mostly it was quidditch related. I thought it was strange, especially since she'd been spending more and more time with Adrian, which was also strange. After a while Katie excused herself to go find some snacks to which Lee gladly accompanied.

"Hey," I said nudging George, who sat on the bed above me, with my foot. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Fine, just something I need to do," He answered shortly. Before getting up to leave the room.

I'd asked Fred what had gotten into George lately and his answer was always the same. That George was trying to work out the best way to get their shop up and running while also looking for space listings. He had his mind on their career path. But it seemed more than that. We would all be talking and laughing one moment and then it was as if he would stiffen up. If everyone left a room, he would eventually find a reason to leave as well. I partly felt terrible, as if I had taken Fred from him, but neither Fred or I were the clingy types so if he wanted to go he would.

"Hey, do you still have my copy of Dorian Gray?" I asked Fred who was sitting on the bed.

"Hmm? I gave it to George, I think it's in a box under his bed," Fred said gesturing with his hand as he tinkered away at a box in front of him.

I rolled my eyes and laid back on the floor, wanting to no longer be studying. I'd had something else in mind that I'd rather be doing. "Freddie?" I called over wanting his attention.

"Yes dearie?" He said, not pulling his attention away from the box.

I wanted to be distracted, and quite frankly I wanted to kiss him. Kiss him senseless. I stood up keeping my eyes on him the entire time. I removed my jumper and let it drop to the ground as he finally looked up at me. I pushed the box to the side and straddled his lap tangling my fingers in his hair.

"Can't keep your hands off of me can you, dearie?" He asked sarcastically.

I looked at him in the eyes, not daring to break eye contact. "Precisely, only now I want you to not be able to keep your hands off of me," I said to him.

"Don't start something you can't finish. Unless..." he asked, raising an eyebrow.

I leaned forward and kissed his neck in the spot I knew drove him crazy. "You'll have to take it slow," I said and moved to the other side. "I'm not as experienced as you," I said before moving to his jaw. "But I want you to enjoy yourself," I said before kissing the corner of his mouth.