CH 53. Cunning

A/N:  When Fred is Banned from the Quidditch team, how will his reaction effect his future? After a vision and a conversation With George how will Elodie handle all her relationships being open for everyone to see? 

Music used to inspire this chapter:

Be My Mistake - The 1975 

Be Alright - Jada Facer

Skinny Love - Bon Iver

~Fred's POV~

"Well?" Elodie said repeating herself after she was met by silence.

"You didn't hear what he said about you," Harry said, answering her. "About the Weasley's, about-"

"Everyone heard what they were singing Harry," She said as she moved further into the room, scolding him. "How could you be so thick? You can't do that-"

"You didn't hear what he was saying about you!" Harry yelled at her sending a wave of shock through all of us, McGonagall included.

"I don't need you to take care of me!" She yelled back not missing a beat. "Any of you! And I definitely don't need you to start a cage match in front of the entire castle!"

"So, you think I should let people talk about you the way he was? About my mum? Just going on and on-" Harry said. Didn't he mean their mum? I'd never seen them argue like this before, I didn't know if I should say anything. Though if I did, I may risk putting myself into the same line of fire.

"If it keeps you out of trouble, then yes Harry! That's exactly what I want! You think I don't know what people say about me? Godric's sake, it's only Draco Malfoy. Detention with McGonagall serves you right! The lot of you," She said.

"And a lifelong ban? Does that sound reasonable?" Harry asked sarcastically.

She looked at McGonagall as if to ask for approval, only to receive a nod. "Banned? Can she do that?" Elodie asked only to be handed a piece of parchment. "Under the new educational decree, of course she went crying straight to the Minister. God awful woman," Elodie said.

"What's done is done," McGonagall said, taking a seat. "Off to bed, you three. Elodie, you stay. I believe a word is in order."

I left the room without so much as another word, still too infuriated to say anything. When we got back to the common room Angelina nearly flipped a table from how mad she was to lose three players from her team all in one go. I slumped on a couch not wanting to hear about it anymore, yet there they were. Going on and on as I drowned myself in as much Fire whisky, I could get my hands on.

Twenty-Four hours ago, everything was better. Everything was damn near perfect. And in one second everything was all mixed up. In another, everything was balls up. I knew I wouldn't find the solution to any of it drinking like a pirate, but it didn't seem like a bad place to start. The more they went on, the more I drank, the more everything went hazy and the more things seemed to not seem so bad. Is this what feeling numb was like? If it was, it was terrible. The way all worries, and inhibitions were dropped so easily. I'd stop after tonight. But I just needed tonight. It wasn't long before people started going off to bed, and I leaned over, prepared to sleep there if I had to.

"What are you doing to yourself Weasley?" Angelina said, taking a seat next to me.

I held the bottle in my hand and gestured it to her. "Getting ready to knit a scarf. What's it look like I'm doing Johnson?" I said to her sarcastically.