CH. 77 An Invasion of Trust

A/N: Hello my lovies! So I had another chapter that I was going to publish tonight, but at the last minute I decided I hated it and wrote this instead. This happens more often than you may think, but I really felt like this fit better than what I originally had planned. 

I know I haven't been posting my playlists recently, let me know if you want me to resume posting those as well, but lately it's been a lot of instrumental to avoid sneaking in lyrics.

As always, hope you enjoy!

Love and Pizza

Val

 I'm fine. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's a lie we tell to wish it true.

~Elodie's POV~

Come away o' human child....

Come away o human child....

Where no ill follows and your magic may run wild

There was an alluring ring in the way the voices spoke, leading me through a path. It was innocent, intoxicating. Similar to the feeling of being drunk and thinking everything is a good idea. I trusted them, I trusted Cat. So I followed.

You're shutting us out

We've been calling to you

We told you we needed to talk

"I know. I know," I said as I approached their half circle. It was like standing on a cloud. Their faces were still veiled, their feet bare. It was almost as if they had been through battle, the way their clothing was tattered and raw. "You just all try and talk over each other so often, it's easier to shut you out than it is to decipher what you're all saying."

You can't ignore us for so long anymore

There's something coming

He's going to try and kill us

"What is it? Another ambush?" I asked looking around at them. The green leaves of Gaia's dress were dull. There was something about their demeanor that didn't make sense. Why had they looked so aged? I'd just seen them only a few months ago. They existed in my head, was this just how I was portraying them now?

There is a boy, who's hand is being forced.

You need to watch him.

He means to take us away

To take you away

I heard what they were saying. Cryptic as ever, but I couldn't shake a thought that had snuck into my head.

"How can I see you right now?" I asked and looked at the way they slightly tilted their heads up. Almost as if they didn't want me to know.

We did what we had to

To get your attention

There's something else

"So what? You're killing me in my sleep now? That's how you get me to talk to you?" I asked them nervously, shutting my eyes to try and force myself awake. "You can't do that! That's an invasion of trust," I shouted. I tried to take a step closer, but it was as if we were in a fixed position. Every step I took in any direction, they moved as well, remaining parallel.

Morgan Le Fey has been summoned

They'll destroy our souls forever

"What does that mean? Must you always only ever give me every other sentence of what you actually mean?" I asked, growing both frustrated and nervous. How long had I been here? How had they coaxed me here? I'd fallen asleep next to Fred, would he even know something was off?