CH 87. Inferno

A little family drama is to be expected with all major holidays. when it goes up in flames, it's a little less expected.

~Elodie's POV~

My eyes fluttered open, the sound of a blazing fire from my nightmare waking me. I tilted my head up to see the way Freds mouth was slightly parted open, a soft snore escaping. The sun was barely peeking over the horizon, I didn't expect him to be. Careful not to disturb him I rose from bed and made my way to the bathroom to see it was a faucet leaking that woke me. With each step I felt a tug from the space between my thighs. It probably wasn't a good idea to go for the third round last night. But I could make the argument either way.

"Hey," I heard him call from the bed. "Alright?" He asked, his groggy voice revealing how tired he was. I walked to the foot of the bed, taking in the sight of him and the way he laid on his back, tucking his hand behind his head to prop him up. The way the covers tangled around his legs, hiding his naked body. "Come back to bed," He asked. I crawled my way up the bed, placing myself underneath his arm, taking in the smell of cinnamon and vanilla.

"I love you," I whispered, drawing tiny shapes into his chest.

He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me on top of him, engulfing me in his warmth before placing a kiss to the top of my head. "I love you too, darling," He said. He shifted to reach over and pop open the pocket watch that rested on his night stand before turning to completely engulf me in a hug. "Happy Christmas," He said, rolling over to hover over me, and cover my face with a dozen peckish kisses.

"Happy Christmas, my love," I said as I giggled against his lips, feeling his fingers tickled against my sides as they moved back and forth under my shirt. "Freddie!" I said a bit louder as he kept tickling me. "Harry's in the next room," I whispered, feeling him stop for only a second to look at the door.

"He's in our house. Should know better than to think I'd throw up a silencing charm," He objected, moving his hips forward, pressing his growing erection into my middle. "That is if he hasn't already been scared by what he heard last night." As my eyes widened, preparing myself to scold him like I'd never done so before, he crashed his lips to mine. He made his way down my body, picking up where we were too tired to continue last night, making up for the missed orgasms he believed he owed me after being too scared to touch me the last month.

***

I removed the dish of mashed parsnips from the oven, setting it on the counter to cool a bit before dinner would be ready. We'd arrived at the burrow just after breakfast time to unwrap gifts and help Molly with any preparation she may need for Christmas dinner. Correction, I arrived ready to help Molly, while Fred kept everyone entertained showing off how Ruby could summon her own binkie with her magic coming through. Much to my protest, she'd been dressed in a fluffy, tulle filled dress, made specifically for the christmas holiday.

"Do you recon the pie is ready yet, mum?" I asked Molly quickly, as I peeked into the oven to check the coloring of the crust on her apple.

She dusted her hands against her apron, cleaning off the flour left behind by the dinner rolls she was in the process of preparing. "Let's have a look dear," She said with a huge smile on her face as she crouched down to check, making sure the crumble was the perfect shade to suit her liking. "That looks wonderful. Set that at the window to cool and then have the boys help you set the table, would you sweetheart?" She instructed. Though I knew there would be no help offered by the sounds of laughter erupting from the living room.

As I set the table, I looked over to see the unfamiliar scene that played out before me as if I'd touched the dial and set on a sitcom. The way Bill and Fleur were enchanted by Ruby, only taking their eyes off of each other to share a look. The way Harry and George wanted to stay near her, prepared to step in as the protective uncles they were ready to be. The way Fred had fallen into fatherhood, as if it was the only thing he'd ever wanted. It was more perfect than anything I could have ever imagined my life looking like. It was almost worth dying twice to end up here.