CH 29. The Goblet Has Spoken

~Elodie's POV~

The next morning, I awoke with a looming feeling. Not as bad as it was at the World Cup, but enough to be noticeable. I went to speak with Minerva after breakfast, but since I needed to discuss things further with Dumbledore as well, she told me to go to his office after the Goblet ceremony tonight.

The entire day felt like a haze as the feeling became worse and worse, like any moment the floor was going to give out beneath my feet. I avoided talking to too many people in fear that I may be in the midst of some kind of emotional crisis. I began to wonder, is this what having an anxiety attack feels like? I'd never had an issue like it before, so I wasn't sure if it's something that you can sense coming on. During my free period I sat on a bench in the courtyard, still empty due to most parts of it being damp from the rain. I simply looked around and waved my hand over to dry off any excess moisture. I pulled out my journal and began writing a letter to Sirius.

Someone's Coming...

"Is this where you come to hide?" Fred asked me as he walked over to me.

"Are you officially stalking me? I'm not hiding, just trying to get some work done. The great hall has become somewhat of a tourist attraction. If people aren't filed in there then they're in the library," I said and let out a big sigh as he took a seat next to me. "And I just need some fucking peace."

"You sound tense. Diggory not making sure your needs are met?" He said with a devilish grin on his face as he leaned forward so his elbows rested on his knees.

"Don't know how appropriate it is to talk about my needs with another male," I said sternly, but I was unable to hide the smile on my face.

"Well how else would it improve? If not taking the advice of your best mate," He asked me in return, shooting me a wink.

"Oh, I always hoped someday a man would charm me with perverse conversations of how my sexual accomplishments are lacking. Now that that's been achieved, we're not having this conversation," I told him sarcastically, putting an end to his witty remarks.

He laughed, music to my ears. "I take it you haven't talked to Diggory yet?" He asked me

"About what exactly?" I asked.

"What you said the other night, in the common room. If you two really tell each other everything, that seems like something worth talking about," He said.

"My feelings are for my own discretion, I'll sort them straight in due time," I told him.

I didn't know how to tell Cedric what I was feeling and what was going on in my head. With Cedric, things felt easy, for the most part that is. We rarely ever fought, he was as kind to me as I could ever hope for, and he wanted to make sure I was always looked after. A real knight in shining armor.

Yet, when it came to what I was feeling and thinking, Fred was effortless. Why was it easier with him? Half of the time he was joking around with George, the other half, he was enraging me beyond humanly possible.

"I'm just saying, if my girlfriend was feeling the way you described, I'd hope she'd say something," he told me.

Maybe I'd pulled him too close. Maybe I'd leaned on him too much, but this wasn't right anymore. Most of the time he at least tried to be subtle, but lately it was blatantly obvious that behind his words there was an underlying meaning. He was probably about two conversations away from actually telling me how he felt. I knew that if he did, I'd want to kiss him, and hold him, maybe even spend the night with him. Let him treat me like one of his other conquests.

Do it...

We want to...

"No," I told the hiss and my inner thoughts. And slammed my book shut.