CH 80. Joy and Grief

Forgiveness is a difficult thing to do for someone who holding a grudge comes easy. Sometimes the hardest part of forgiveness, is the one needed for yourself.

Songs for the chapter:

Davy Jones - Hans ZimmerPiece by piece - Kelly ClarksonBreath (2 am) - Anna NalickBohemian Rhapsody - QueenFade into you - Mazzy Star

~Elodie's POV~

"Up in a minute!" Fred called out letting them know that we were in fact home. "Come on love, just give them a chance," Fred said walking closer to the stairs.

"So what you're on their side now? We literally just discussed-" I began. I'd told him since the incident that I had nothing to say to either one of them at present. If they'd been here a majority of the day, and felt comfortable enough coming over then obviously he'd made them feel welcome.

"You discussed, love. And technically we are living in a house they helped us get. I'd say we still owe it to them to make them feel welcome," Fred said as he stood on the first step to go back upstairs. I wondered how opposed he'd be to me going to Gringotts and giving them the galleons it would cost to repay them for the house. Merlin knew it wouldn't make a dent, and they were just there collecting dust. "Come on, I'll fix you a cuppa," he offered. I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him a look, raising my eyebrows at him. "Right then," he said letting out a small sigh in the same moment he ducked down and threw me over his shoulder.

"What-" I yelled as he began escalating up the stairs, despite my protest.

"Doing this the hard way I see," He said, not slowing down.

"I hope you realize that I'm still carrying your child here, right?" I said and smacked his bum. "Now, put me down!" I said smacking his bum again with each word.

"Keep that up and we won't be far from making another one darling," he said, opening the door to the hallway. "Now mind yourself, there are still children present."

"Yeah, keep this up and you'll only be shagging your hand from now on!" I said in a yelp as he sat me down on the sofa. Remus and Sirius sat across from me, causing an uncomfortable blush to heat my face.

Remus looked like he'd seen better days. Usually after the full moon he would give himself a few days to rest. Perhaps I should have felt better about him coming here. Better about Sirius and Fred trying to smooth things over. But in all honesty, I just wanted to apparate away from here.

"Didn't quite need to hear that," Sirius mumbled, looking angrily at Fred who'd moved towards the kitchen to put the kettle on.

There was a long uncomfortable silence, in which they looked at me, and I looked at the coffee table resting in the space inbetween. I kicked off my shoes and extended my feet in front of me, rolling my ankles in the process.

"I asked for space," I said and crossed my arms over my chest, allowing my extension charm to wear away.

"There's been enough space between all of us for far too long," Remus said. I looked up to meet his eyes for the first time. They were full, but for the first time, I was failing to see what. He normally held weight in his eyes, but the amount was beginning to accumulate to a point beyond measure, causing his pupils to appear blown. Was this what having a daughter would be like?

"And who's fault is that?" I said coldly. "That tea's taking a bit longer than expected," I said after another moment of awkward silence. I stood up and took a peek towards the kitchen.