CH 78. Incoming Rain

A/N: Hello my lovely lovies! So I wanted to publish this chapter last night, but during editing, I added more and more in until I found myself unable to stop writing. Some of you know that I LOVE cannon theories, and I love Marauders Era fanfic (Specifically ATYD). So I wanted to give this one a similar feeling to it. Please forgive any mistakes that may have slipped through the cracks, but by the time I was giving it one last go through I started to get ideas for chapters that will take place later on in the book and I just had to begin writing those down.

As always, I love discussing your theories, thoughts and ideas in the comments, so lets dive in!

Love and Marauders,

Val

Summery: There's three sides to every story. Her side, his side, and somewhere in-between lies the truth. Sometimes, these stories are never finished being told, and sometimes, it's just easier to walk away.

~Remus's POV~

November 2nd, 1978

I was never particularly sure how to go about romantic situations. The only person I could remember myself fancying was Sirius, and perhaps Madonna. Though here I found myself, contemplating if things were different now that I'd found myself romantically tangled with Lily. Quite possibly, my best friend. I was confused what it would mean, more specifically, what it would mean to my friendship with James.

For the most part, I was on the cusp of coming to terms with my own sexuality. It wasn't something I was ashamed of, I just was unsure for the longest time what I wanted in a partner. I hadn't realized, but it was part of the guilt I felt for sleeping with Lily that made me realize, I did have feelings for Sirius afterall. There was no denying it anymore. All of the lingering looks, all of the late nights spent smoking cigarettes out on the common room balcony, the moments of electricity when we'd touch. It all added up to wanting to be with him.

What I wanted was completely different from what the universe allowed. When James and Lily had shared the news that they were to be parents, the timing shook me to my core. Had Lily told James what we had done? Was there a possibility that...

I couldn't even say it without feeling shameful for my actions. What if it was my child? What had I done to Lily and her baby if the lycanthropy was passed on genetically? That was no life for anyone, much less an unsuspecting child, and James and Lily didn't deserve to live with that. I was torn between telling James the truth, and keeping my promise to Lily, should it still be a secret.

"What are you doing out here all alone?" I heard behind me.

It was James, coming to join me on the front steps of their home. They'd returned just a day ago, settling in their new bundle of joy before having visitors. Part of me hoped that the little girl would look like James, as to remove all worry from my mind. But as fate would have it, she looked like the photos we'd seen of lily from her cradle days.

I held the cigarette between my fingers a bit higher, showing him what I'd gotten up to out here. Surely they wouldn't want me to go in right away and risk tainting the air that surrounded their child. The ashtray that rested on the step next to me was enough to show him I was determined to work my way through the pack in front of me in one go if that's what it took.

"You know there's a few muggles that did a study that shows smoking is bad for you?" He told me as he pulled one out of the pack and flicked his wand to light it. "I may be okay, seeing as I only inhale one every few months. But you and Sirius?" He said and threw his head back slightly.

"Hold out hope for those of us that are slowly killing themselves," I said as the corner of my mouth perked up slightly.

"How so?" He asked, scrunching his face in slight confusion. I just shook my head and took another drag, breathing in the poison. "It's always terrible when brothers are at odds. Is it not?" He said, looking down the street.