CH 58. A Very Giving Christmas

Christmas Eve and Day prove to bring happiness and closeness, regardless of what's going on in the world outside of Grimmauld Place. Though letting ones mind wander during an Order meeting after Christmas may not be the wisest idea.

Songs that helped when writing:

All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey

Ice Dance - Danny Elfman

White Christmas - The Drifters

A Little Wicked - Valerie Broussard

~Elodie's POV~

For the next two days, nothing else would matter. There would be no world outside of the bubble. I'd taken the coin necklace I'd once worn and turned it into a collar for Cat. Cedric said it was to keep me safe. And now I'd passed it onto the creature meant to keep me safe. I wrapped it up and placed it with the other gifts. It wasn't much, but with Minerva's help I'd been able to do something to lighten the Christmas mood.

Ginny, Minerva, and I got to work in the kitchen to try to make a Christmas eve dinner. With help from Hermione we'd been able to get something that resembled a dinner close to what Molly would have prepared. Her and Mr. Weasley would arrive tomorrow morning, so we just had one more sleep to get through.

"There may or may not be an eggshell or two in the eggnog," Ginny said.

"Gin, all you had to do was open the carton and pour it into the pitcher," I said with a raised eyebrow and a slight laugh.

"I thought it was a mix," She said and placed it on the counter. "Just as well, someone will drink it."

"Heard you almost burned the rolls?" Fred said with an evil grin on his face as he arrived with Harry, Bill and Charlie in tow.

"Right well if you expect to have a lass that will have a perfect dinner waiting for you when you get home every night, as opposed to one that is comfortable with a takeout menu, I suggest you find yourself a different girlfriend Fred Weasley," I said sarcastically as I placed my hands on my hips.

He used it as an invitation and threaded his arms through mine to lift me up and twirl me once before kissing me and placing me back down. "Making plans for the future Potter? Take a bloke out on a date first," He said against my lips.

"I love takeout, just throwing it out there," Charlie said before earning a whack to the back of the head from Bill.

"Did you get everything on the list?" Hermione asked them.

"We have Whiskey, Gin, Brandy, and wine, both red and white. Too many varieties, how do muggles do this?" George said as he placed a bag on the counter.

"Funny, I recall sending you out for a carton of milk, peas and potatoes. Not enough drink for an entire cavalry," Minerva said, shooting them a look.

"You were supposed to watch them," I said wiggling a finger at Harry.

"I was supposed to take care of the currency," Harry said defensively as he hid a laugh.

"It's right here," Bill said as he walked to Minerva's side to take her the groceries. It was nice having Bill around more. He'd begun a new position at Gringotts so it kept him closer to home. What I'd once mistaken as flirting in the past turned into brotherly teasing. And it felt so natural. Like he'd become an older brother to me over night.