CH 92. The Astronomy Tower

A/N: Hello my lovely Lovies!!

I just wanted to start by thanking all of you! I have some of the most loyal and kind readers! you all are the reason I haven't given up on this project yet. Thank you for encouraging me to take breaks as needed and to make sure I'm taking care of myself. A special shout out to Melissa for reminding me to drink water!! lol

I also wanted to say, if you've been around since the beginning you know I love interacting with you in the comments, If ever I don't respond, please don't think I am offended, I laugh along with your jokes, sometimes I just don't know what to say lol.

So now, grab your drinks, (I'm hydrating with water) And a snack, (I have sour Scandinavian swimmers from Trader Joes) And lets get to it.

Love and Astronomy

Val

Sometimes, even the best laid plans are hard to watch. Sometimes you just need to dive in.

~Elodie's POV~

"It should be me going with you. Not Harry," I said to Dumbledore as I threw a ball of glowing red magic between my hands. Balancing it on the tips of my fingers before I absorbed it again, feeling it's presence behind my eyes.

We were gathered in the astronomy tower, just as the sun was setting. My comment went ignored as Snape continued arguing with Dumbledore. I sat on the ledge, dangling one of my feet over. If I tried hard enough, I was able to tune out their conversation. Focusing only on the way the sun fell behind the trees, like a silhouette painting, one where the trees were just black figures along a sky set on fire. If I tried hard enough, I could set those same trees ablaze with just a blink of an eye. That's the level I was currently functioning on.

"Have you ever considered that you ask too much? That you take too much for granted? Has it ever crossed your brilliant mind that I don't want to do this anymore?" Snape said, the volume of his words rising. He wasn't wrong. As of late, Dumbledore's requests sought only to twist the knife on an open wound.

I tilted my head slightly as the door beneath us creaked open. Using the new magic that had yet to settle, I gracefully floated up to my feet, planting them firmly on the floorboards before dusting off my jeans.

"He's not wrong," I said casually. "Though I would feel rather cheated if I'm to be the only one keeping promises made," I said, raising an eyebrow at the both of them. If they even thought about changing the plan now, I'd be sure to bring hellfire down on them.

"Whether it has or hasn't is irrelevant. I will not negotiate this with you, Severus. You agreed. No one will be going back on their word. There's nothing more to discuss," Dumbledore said, easing the situation.

"Not to be the one to put an end to this riveting conversation, but it may be vital to know we are no longer alone," I said, allowing my eyes to be the only part of me that moved.

Dumbledore moved to stand beside me, taking a look at the sun, the last few moments of a dying day, making way for another to take its place. Snape glared into his back before turning around and proceeding down the stairs.

Dumbledore placed a hand on my shoulder, giving me a gentle squeeze. He was pushing himself. I shouldn't have taken so much from him. "All in order, I presume?" He asked. I heard Harry's footsteps growing closer and closer, and I wasn't quite sure if Dumbledore was referring to my patrol tonight, or to the plans I've made to leave in the next several months.