CH 58. Rhapsody

A/N: An unexpected conversations gives comfort to the Elodie, along with another new rule. With the return to Hogwarts, one last easy night is enjoyed as well.

Songs used for this chapter:

To Be Human - MARINA

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Halo - Ane Brun, Linnea Olsson

Sorry for the delay on this one, Writers block hit me a bit harder than anticipated. As always please like, share and leave comments letting me know what you liked, and what you'd like to see next! Your comments let me know what's working and give me ideas when I find myself in a slump. Thank you! -XXOO Val

~Elodie's POV~

Why is it that the sun can be shining down with all of its glory, but the snow refuses to melt? Does it prove that ice is stronger than fire? So many people favor fire, does that make them ignorant to the true powers the cold really contains. Both can cause burns and discomfort, but surely one has to be stronger than the other. It was poetic the way it happened, but my thoughts weren't poetic at all.

I was getting tired of looking out the same bloody window, watching everyone else be allowed out of the house while I was confined to this heavenly hell. It was too busy in the day for me to leave as I had a few nights ago. And with my outburst during The Order meeting, I suspected 'the adults' were going to come speak to me any moment now.

If I was so bloody in control, why did it make me angry? Why did tapping into my magic make me more temperamental than normal. I knew that there was obviously a certain level of darkness that came with the dark magic, but would this be the only way to use it properly? To allow myself to get angry as it lingered? If so, I didn't know if I had it in me. Cat stood at the entrance of the room and let out a loud Meow to catch my attention. I heard footsteps approaching quickly.

He wants to speak with you miss...

They're coming behind...

"Elodie," I heard Harry's voice say.

I turned slowly, a bit surprised it was him that came in, but as far as things relate, it made the most sense. "All right, Harry?" I asked as I turned back to the window.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked as he slowly stepped into the room. I waved a hand to the room, not caring if he joined or not. I've never been much of a smoker, but in this moment, I really wish I had something to ease the stress. "Lovely day," Harry commented as he sat across from me at the window and set down a tiny plate with eclairs on it.

"Wouldn't know, I'm not allowed outside of these walls," I said and raised an eyebrow at him. "You know I really wished I'd picked up smoking. That way I could just sit by myself without anyone trying to talk to me."

He tucked his lips into each other and looked out the window to try and see what had me so fascinated. "A bit selfish don't you think? The way they think they can decide our futures without us having a say," he said.

"As it would seem," I told him quickly. "But there's not too much change in the matter."

"Sirius told me what you did, about wanting to become my guardian," He said and gave me an awkward smile. "I feel like we should say something about it— We're family, maybe we should get to know each oth—"