CH 32. Dates and Ball Gowns

~Elodie's POV~

Breakfast never tasted as good as it did after feeling as though I had lost 10 years off my life. I reached over to fill mine and Ginny's glasses with pumpkin juice. And then she rested her head on my shoulder once I sat straight and I placed a kiss on the top of her head. I ate with my friends and enjoyed their company. Angelina was flirting with George and he was somehow completely oblivious to it. While I waited for Cedric to return from his shower. Last night he smelt like soot and sweat from the challenge the day before and even he couldn't stand his own smell.

It was noticeable that Harry was starting to get a better amount of female attention, much to Ginny's dislike. Meanwhile, Hermione read Rita Skeeter's article in The Daily Prophet enraged. She had been painted to appear as she was only speaking with Viktor Krum because he was a champion, but then quickly left him for Harry. Complete rubbish, but what else was to be expected from a nosy reporter.

An adorable first year named Nigel approached with a huge box for Ron. A bit weird that Ron suddenly had an errand boy. He lingered behind and stared at Harry in a jittery but excited awe.

"Not now Nigel. Later," Ron told him, and he walked away. Harry and Hermione eyed Ron while I raised an eyebrow at him. It wasn't polite for him to use a first year as an errand boy.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph," Ron said and proceeded to open his package. "Hey look! Mum's sent me something," Ron said in excitement. Quickly though his excitement diminished, "Mum's sent me a dress." We watched Ron lift the garment out of the box and hold it at arm's length examining it.

"Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet? Ah ha," Harry teased further and lifted a ruffled garment from the box.

I looked over to see the growing amusement on Fred and George's faces. They took such pleasure in the embarrassment of their little brother. I tapped Angelina's foot to get her attention, she'd been far too focused on George to notice what was happening right next to us.

"Nose down, Harry," Ron said, pushing Harry's hand down before walking over to me and Ginny. "Ginny, these must be for you," Ron said trying to hand over the ancient robe.

"I'm not wearing that. It's ghastly!" Ginny told him as Hermione, and I began snickering.

"What are you two on about?" Ron asked me and Hermione.

"They're not for Ginny Ronald," I told him.

"What?" he said, looking exasperated.

"They're for you! They're dress robes," Hermione told him.

I looked over at Fred and he looked like he was about to cry from how much he was laughing. "Be nice," I told him. Looking back at Ron practically throwing a fit over why he would need dress robes I caught sight of Cedric approaching me. His hair slicked back, still dripping from his shower, a couple of bandages keeping his cuts covered. He came down and plopped himself on the bench with me and took a bite of the toast I had in my hand before placing a kiss on my shoulder. Playing the part, as if nothing were wrong.

"Well I can see you're feeling better," I told him.

"Back from the dead Diggory?" George said to him.

"Loads, Madam Pomfrey was able to take care of all the burns, so I am about ninety percent healed," He told me. He put his hand on my lower back and rubbed little circles with his thumb. This didn't feel like the actions of two people that were on a break, but it felt nice.

"I'm sure you could still milk the whole injured thing, have our little Elodie here nurse you back to health," Katie said.

I shot her a look knowing exactly what she was referring to. While we had only slept together a handful of times, it was always so plain, not much too it. It mostly satisfied him, while I played my part, and let him feel good about what he was doing. He was always just so concerned about what he was doing and didn't let himself just do it. I'd asked him to go harder one time and it wasn't any different than what he had been doing a moment before. Though I'd begun to feel that itch that needed scratching, I knew that if we spent the night together, he'd think things were fixed between us.