CH 46. A New Year

~Elodie's POV~

All charges against Harry had been dropped, and we were on our way to school as usual. Only this time we were escorted by the Order. Remus was pushing my trunk cart in his subtle attempt to get me to walk beside Harry in the hopes we would talk and mend the gap that had grown between us. Except Harry was almost as comfortable walking in silence as I was. Though I didn't need to be psychic to know that there was tensions and confusion there.

            Harry hadn't brought up the letters he had sent me all summer, not that I'd be able to comment on them, they were still sealed and tucked away in my trunk barely touched. I didn't bring up the fact that I didn't know how to look at him without feeling pain. Pain for what he'd been through, for not being able to be the sister he needed, for being a stranger to him.

We were nearing the platform when I felt a brush at my legs in between Harry and me. It was Sirius in his animagus form.

            "Padfoot, are you barking mad?" Mad-Eye said angrily. "You'll blow the entire operation."

            I ran down the stairs with Harry directly behind me, and into an isolated room to see he had changed back to his human form.

            "Sirius what are you doing here?" Harry asked.

            "Honestly, if somebody sees you..." I began saying as Harry shut the door behind us.

            "I had to see you off, didn't I?" Sirius said as he waved for us to take a seat. "What's life without a little risk?"

            "I don't want to see you get shut back in Azkaban," I told him sternly as I took a seat behind him and Harry so there wouldn't be too much space between us.

            "No, don't worry about me," He said casually. "Anyway, I wanted the two of you to have this," He said as he handed Harry a folded photo. "Original Order of the Phoenix. Marlene McKinnon," He said as he pointed to one of the ladies in the group. "She was killed two weeks after this was taken. Voldemort wiped out her entire family. That's Frank and Alice Longbottom."

            "Neville's Parents," Harry said heavy heartedly.

            "They suffered a fate worse than death, if you ask me," Sirius said in a softer voice. "It's been fourteen years, and still a day doesn't go by, I don't miss your dad."

            I looked away and leaned back in my chair, so my head was resting against sirius gently. I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes. I could see my parents faces, forever frozen in their young beauty.

            "Do you really think there's going to be a war, Sirius?" Harry asked.

            "It feels like it did before," Sirius said, choosing his words carefully. It was still too soon to tell Harry everything. "I suppose you're the young ones now," He said as he looked at me and Harry. "Now I want you to take care of each other, and I'll see you on holiday."

            He hugged each of us properly before me left as he stayed behind with Mad-Eye. I hugged Tonks and promised to keep in touch to let her know how my practice was progressing. Remus handed over my tolly and gave me another reminder to write to him and Sirius. I'd miss the three of them most, and after we left to board the train, I just felt tired. They said I would feel better once I got to the castle and settled back into my room, and I really hoped they were right. Cause feeling numb wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Fred, George, and I found Lee in a carriage with Katie looking exceptionally loved up. Neither had seen Angelina or Alicia yet.