CH 22. A Different Type of Feeling

~Elodie's POV~

Two times. In the span of one night, we had found our bodies intertwined two times. The first was just that. The first. The one to be gotten out of the way. The second was at about 12:30 in the morning, before falling asleep. But as I laid there about to fall asleep it seemed just like everything else. Was that all that it was supposed to be? Or was this a different feeling?

"Was that okay?" Cedric asked me breathlessly.

"Yeah," I told him, breathing into his chest not able to meet his eyes. And it was. It's not like I had much to compare it to. But given the way Angelina and Katie had described sex to be, I just thought I'd be sore or feel more relieved.

I woke up the next morning and looked at myself in a little pocket mirror I had packed. I didn't look any different, I guess I felt a bit different. Maybe it took more practice for it to be more satisfying.

We had tea and some biscuits before packing up the campsite around noon. Cedric apparated me to The Burrow and watched me walk up to the door to be greeted by Mrs. Weasley. Then he was off on his summer adventure.

"You look beautiful dear! It's good to see you," She said as she took me into a bone crushing hug.

"You as well ma'am, is Ginny up yet?" I asked her. Knowing Ginny there was a very high chance she may still be sleeping in her room.

"In the kitchen. Care for a spot of tea?" She asked me as she began making her way through the house.

"Yes please," I said. I spotted Ginny still in her pajamas enjoying a late breakfast. I went and sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"I missed you already," she whispered to me.

"My love, it's only been a week," I said as I pulled away. I kept a hand in her hair as Mrs. Weasley placed a cup of tea and a sandwich in front of me.

"You're too skinny dear. Eat," She said.

I went to the fridge and grabbed the carton of milk smelling it to make sure it was fresh before pouring a bit in my tea and placing it back. I took a few bites of my sandwich and looked around the kitchen.

"Why is your house so quiet today?" I asked Ginny suspiciously.

"Ron went with dad and Percy to pick up Charley and Bill," she informed me. "They're spending the whole summer here! The twins were still in bed when I came down,"

I couldn't recall Charlie, I'm sure I'd seen him before, but it wasn't coming to mind. I'd seen Bill once in Diagon Alley with the bunch of them but was never formally introduced. I was told they were very close to the twins and Ginny, much like myself, so I liked them already.

"You're pretty quiet, is everything okay?" Ginny asked me.

"Mhmm, I'm not sure. I guess I am, I'm just overthinking like always," I told her. She turned in her seat, so she was facing me completely. She was never one to drop things, she really was way too mature for her age. Not that I can blame her, someone had to be the responsible one among her siblings. "Last night, Cedric and I..." I said trailing off not wanting to say it. "First time, ever."

Her eyes lit up like a child on Christmas. No one ever wanted to talk to her about things like this, with good reason, she was only thirteen. "Tell me everything! Was it good? Was he romantic? Gentle?" She asked me rapidly.

I took a big sip of my tea, trying to really think of how to answer. I wanted to be truthful, she wasn't experienced but maybe talking it out would help.

"It was nice. I mean as far as first times go, I'm glad I waited instead of hooking up after a common room party. But yeah, it was okay," I said.

"That's it? No sparks?" She asked me bluntly.