CH 65. Planning

Wedding plans are made, and everything seems to be going completely well. But will a letter delivered by Minerva prove to be more than the family can handle?

Songs for the chapter:

Turning Page - Sleeping at Last

So this is love - Ilene Woods

November Rain - Guns N' Roses

~Elodie's POV~

When I wasn't at the river with Ginny, Harry, and Ron, I was at the Burrow, trying to make arrangements for what Mrs. Weasley called a small to medium sized wedding ceremony. It would be outside of the house, with the sounds of the river in the back. They would set up a large canopy with twinkling lights, just as I'd seen. Fred and I insisted everyone could dress as they pleased. As formal or as casual as they wished, but Mrs. Weasley wasn't having any of it. One night in particular when she'd scolded me for standing too close to the Microwave Sirius purchased, Fred had offered to put her into a full body bind.

There was still a matter I had to see too, nonetheless. I told Ginny, Minerva and Mrs. Weasley I'd meet them at the dress shop after I made a quick trip to Gringotts. Mrs. Weasley sent me with Lunch for Bill to leave for him as I withdrew money from my vault. I was assisted by Griphook to my vault, and as I walked to where Bill told me his office was, I noticed him standing over a desk, laughing and smiling. I half thought of backing away slowly and giving him his privacy.

"Elodie?" I heard a thick French accent call. Her face was still burned in my memory, though I had to admit, her English had improved from the last time I saw her.

"Fleur Delacour," I said and smiled at her as she came up to me and embraced me, leaving a kiss on both of my cheeks. "Oh, hi! I didn't know you were back in London," I told her as we separated.

"I took a job here to help with my English," She said. "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to stop by my vault, and drop off some lunch for Bill here," I said and handed over a bag to Bill.

"Oh! You two know each other?" She asked as she looked between the both of us.

"Elodie here is going to be my sister soon," Bill said as he stepped into our conversation. "She's engaged to my brother. You two know each other?" He asked.

Fleur and I exchanged a look for a moment, remembering the year we met. "She was a Triwizard Champion. Alongside Cedric Diggory," I said and paused for a moment.

"Elodie was very kind during my time at Hogwarts. She complimented my dress and made me feel less nervous about dancing at the yule ball," Fleur said kindly.

"Speaking of dresses," I said, trying to make my exit. "I should be off. I'm searching for my wedding dress today."

"I'll walk you out. Excuse me a moment," He said to Fleur. I looked up at him as we began walking out, a smile plastered on both of our faces. "You're doing that thing you do Potter," He said.

"You called me your sister," I said in a joking tone. "Soon to be, but regardless, you called me your sister!" I pressed. He rolled his eyes and gave me a fake punch to the arm. "Hey, it might not matter what I think, but Fleur is very kind. If you like, you can invite her to the wedding," I said as we reached the lobby of the bank.

"To be honest, you're the only girl outside of the family mum has actually taken a liking to. I wouldn't want her to feel out of place. It's still so new," He said showing a bit of his vulnerability.