CH 61. Smashing

While in the middle of their end of year exams, a disruption brings a much needed laugh throughout Hogwarts. But after having a vision and entering into Harry's mind, members of Dumbledores army find themselves in a stormy London.

Songs for the chapter: 

Bad Reputation - Joan Jett

War of Hearts - Ruelle

Sweet Dreams(Are Made Of This) - Emily Browning

A/N: Hoping to have the next chapter posted tomorrow, but currently reworking projected book outline. If you're from TikTok, let me know if you miss the daily previews! 

~Elodie's POV~

Everyone that would be taking their O.W.L.s. Was directed to sit towards the front of the front of the Great Hall, while those taking their N.E.W.T.s was directed towards the back. Everyone was given a quill with an anti-cheating charm, and because I was lucky enough to have Umbridge obsessed with me I had Filch sitting not even a full three feet beside me. My first exam was in Umbridge's office before breakfast. Followed by my Transfiguration and Herbology. Once in the great hall, I was taking my Charms exam and scheduled to take my Potions exam tonight with Snape and Umbridge.

Fred agreed not to write to me, so long as I spent at least a week with him at the Burrow and at the shop, helping him to set up. A compromise I easily made because I would miss him more than he would miss me. At breakfast I helped Olivia go over a few last-minute questions from the study guide while Alicia and Angelina listened in. Though we still hadn't talked, Angelina had made herself a bit more comfortable around me. I felt as though if I said something, she may take it the wrong way, so I just let it be. With the hopes that once this month was concluded, I wouldn't see her anymore.

The Great Hall was filled with silence, allowing the swinging from the clock to be the only noise in the room. After a while, the noise became somewhat soothing, and if I wasn't being watched, I would have possibly fallen asleep for a bit.

The answer is B. Gouging Spell...

Granted, I had a bit of help with my exams. But no one needed to know that part. And in my defense, the way they all had a habit of shouting over each other actually made it more difficult to concentrate. My neck felt stiff, I wanted to roll it, to stretch my arms out to get better circulation, but I knew every little move I did, even the way my eyes shifted, it all could have been used against me. Umbridge wore an excruciatingly painful shade of pink today. It made her seem like she was glowing.

Ripping through the scribbling silence, outside the Great Hall, a loud boom disrupted the atmosphere. It happened again and again, turning more than a few heads. I caught sight of Harry, and he looked just as confused as I was. Though that didn't stop Umbridge from giving him a nasty look as she walked by. Students began whispering as Umbridge approached the door, and then it hit me.

"Oh bugger..." I said under my breath.

"What'd you reckon that is?" Olivia asked.

At eye level with Umbridge's face a tiny gold sparkler buzzed around before it turned into a blue light as it popped above our heads with a fizzle and a loud screech. Zoning further in, the sound of a broom zipping through the air was heard. Next thing I knew, everyone's exams were thrown into the air.

"Woo! Yeah!!"

"All right, Professor!"

In true Fred and George fashion, if they were going to leave, it was going to be with a bang. Quite literally as Purple, Red and Gold fireworks began lighting off above our heads. One after another, they kept throwing out what I assumed was most of their inventory of fireworks. Well worth it in my opinion, it brought life back to the castle.