CH 93. Turmoil

Hello my lovely Lovies!

A bit late with this one, but there's a lot going on as well. Every time I post another chapter I'm reminded how much closer we're nearing to the end. Really excited to start the second book, but don't worry, there's still so much to cover with this one.

I also wanted to say, I know I've stopped posting content on TikTok, but if any of you are posting content, or creating artwork, LET ME KNOW! I'd love to see what you create. I have the same username on all platforms.

So before I trail off too much, Grab a snack (I have Froot Loops) and a drink (I have milk accompanying my Froot Loops) And lets dive in!

Love and Battle Scars

Val

Sometimes, you need to lean into the pain. Use it to fuel your fire.   Turmoil : a state of great disturbance, confusion, or uncertainty. 

~Elodie's POV~

"Stop!" I yelled to Harry as he continued on his stride chasing after Snape and Draco, heading directly towards Hagrid's hut. Four clouds of thick gray smoke dropped from the sky. The other death eaters, retreating away from the carriage they'd inflicted. "Harry, listen to me!" I called once again before my foot caught on a tree root, causing a tumble.

"Hagrid! Hello!" Bellas vile voice carried through the space as they closed in on Hagrids.

It didn't stop Harry, not even as I halted for a moment, still reeling from the fall I'd taken earlier. My head was dizzy. My ribs, still aching. The sound of Bill's screams ringing in my ears. I wanted it to be over.

"Snape!" I heard Harry shout, his voice a fair distance away.

I pushed myself up to my feet and looked forward, seeing just enough through the tree line to catch him closing in on them. That was my direction. One foot in front of the other, checking my feet as I walked to avoid another tumble.

"He trusted you!" Harry continued one.

"Bloody, sodding git," I cursed under my breath as I made my way out of the tree line, cutting down a large oak that stood in my way with the wave of a hand.

I heard the laughing continue, and then a burst of roaring red and orange flames illuminated the darkness. Gray skies and burning fires were all that would be visible. So dark, it was haunting. So bright it was blinding.

"Fight back! You coward, fight back!" Harry yelled, persistently approaching Snape. No sign of giving up or backing away. He wanted this to be his fight. But not only was he sorely outnumbered, He was wrong.

Behind Snape, Bella threw a jinx, knocking Harry off his feet until he was flat on his back. "No!" Snape snapped at her. "He belongs to the dark lord," He scolded her.

I pushed my hands in front of me, sending a red flame squarely at her chest until she herself went flying back in the air, crashing into Grayback. I pulled Harry off the ground, holding my hands up should she want to try anything further.

"Harry, get back to the castle," I said to him, my body the only thing that separated him from his revenge. Snape gave me a long look before turning to walk away with the rest of them, retreating to wherever it was they gathered, all while Hagrid's house blazed violently, Fang watching from the patch.

Harry's panting grew closer, and there was no denying he was going to do something stupid. He was, after all, my brother.

"Sectumsempra!" He called out, sending a curse to hit Snape in the back.