Ch48: Bexley and Me

(LMAO!)

Y/N POV

I was now on the seventh floor and looking at bexely. She hasn't noticed me but she was the same as before.

"Bexley?" I called softly

Her body stiffened and she looked up at me. Her eyes widened at me and she looked guilty.

"Y/N- I-I....you- the box- no...." She stuttered, struggling to try saying something

I went to the doors and saw there was a key for it. I took out a bobby pin, for lock picking and incase, and broke it but was a little difficult.

I locked picked the lock and she was just frozen.

"Wait no- They'll be mad at me-"

"It'll lock again when it closes." I replied," did you know if you lock pick a lock a certain way it can lock again once you close it? Making it look like no one got out or stole something."

Just as I finished my explanation the door unlocked and I pushed it open. I smiled at her and then went to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I kneeled down to her

Her eyes teared up and she looked a bit angry.

"Don't you hate me! I-I destroyed your home, your kid was lost- because of me!! You could've died too!" She said pissed," why aren't you pissed at me for what I did-"

"Because I know you didn't mean for it to burn my home or hurt my kid." I said softly," you didn't mean for anything to happen the way it happened and I forgive you for it."

I hugged her and she just froze.

"Besides, the box was supposed to be opened with salim and the gang but I guess ralph just wanted to make sure I was okay. And I might've lost it a little but I know you meant no harm for anyone." I said softly," you just meant to scare me a little is all, right?"

She hesitantly hugged me back and then started crying. Her hands gripped the back of my shirt and she tried to stop herself from crying.

I tried to calm her down as she doesn't want to cry and I could tell. After a long while of hugs and sniffling, she calmed down and we slowly let go of each other.

She cleaned her face and took in a few deep breaths to calm her breathing. I then started a conversation with her and she slowly replied with more emotion after each statement.

We learned new techniques from each other like defense, lying, stabbing, crafting, etcetera. But then...

"Ya know, when I saw you run into the burning building I was in shock...tyler told me how you adopted those two of your kids and when I saw the little one was missing from the group....I knew he might've been in the building..." she said softly

She teared up a little and looked sad.

"They aren't even your real kids but you still ran in to save him...you didn't hesitate- you just went!" She said then paused for a moment," I wish my parents were like you..."

"What do you mean?" I asked softly

She frowned and leaned back as she crossed her arms.

"It was early in the morning, me and my older brother just woke up but smelled smoke coming from downstairs. We heard shouting and screaming and my brother grabbed me and we hid in the laundry room." She explained softly," our parents told us to go to the laundry room if there ever was a fire because there was a fire blanket in there."

I had a small clue of where this was going but wanted to know more.

"At the time my older brother was like 4 or 5 and I was 3 or 4? I'm not sure but we were really young. We got under the blanket and waited for our parents to come get us while my brother held me. But our dad shouted...Forget the kids, it'll be less money to use on them now....my mom agreed with him and they left the house...." She said in anger now," we were stuck there for hours while the house burned and my brother was angry. After the fire fighter's finished putting out the fire of the now destroyed house, they found us and took us away but my brother never let me go..."