💔66💔

second chapter for today,

dedicated to 

CHAPTER 66

HAKEEM'S POV

"after I was shot and everything, I guess I was rushed to a hospital. All I know is while I was unconscious, dad was given compensation money from the government and I think your dad also helped us. I was in the fucking mortuary when the person watching my body felt a pulse. The doctors should have felt It too, I don't know. maybe I resurrected but the doctor who felt it said the doctors did not bother to check it if not they would have felt it.

He called my dad and he rushed me to another hospital discreetly, you know he accepted the money. While I was still recovering at UCH.."

"he took you to Ibadan?"

I asked cutting him off. I know I did not go to his burial, no one went, they said because he died young only his family should be present. But all because of money...

"yeah."

He said with a chuckle, a small smile appeared on my face knowing that his dad could really do that. he loves money, that was one thing about him.

"so, once I was better, you know I told you we got our visa?"

I nodded, it was either we travel together or study at Lag together ever since they got the visa. It was a week before the incident they got it and we talked about moving abroad once because of that.

"once I was discharged, we travelled straight. He used the compensation money for the ticket we bought. I wanted to call you but he had to change all our sims and phones. I hit my head remember? So, I lost a bit of my memories, I could not remember little things. Like your number and other stuffs like that."

"I am sorry Hakeem. Lim told me things that happened to you because of the guilt but it was never your fault. If we had not left there, we would have gotten killed either ways. You saved us."

I sniffled and stretched my hands out to him. he chuckled before walking closer and giving me a hug. I saw Mercy give me a warm smile before leaving. What did I do to deserve this girl?

I smiled back at her and watched her close the door. I am going to repay her through out my life. I don't know why she keeps staying with me when I am nothing but a problem and I am going to make sure she never regrets her decisions with me.

I decided as I watched her leave that if I have to marry, it must be her. No one else. I don't think anyone can love me the way she loves me and makes me feel the way she makes me feel.

"you know you are turning to a girl, right?"

I hit his back once he said that. he chuckled and moved away.

"fuck you Dan."

"what? I am saying the truth, you fainted. You fucking fainted."

"fuck you again Dan. Your papa. You are mad sha. Make you just see person wey rise from the dead and see if u no go faint."

I know, first time speaking pidgin, this was me before, recall I said I was one of the bad boys of the school then shit happened. The foolish boy is using me to catch cruise. I removed the drip from my hand and stood up.

"where you dey go like this?"

He asked still laughing and I just gave him the finger before opening the wardrobe and bringing out my clothes.