💔28💔

I know , another late update.
*Sighs.*
I can't believe we're already close to thirty chapters.

Read on..

MERCY'S POV

I shifted in my bed again , my phone in my hand as I kept on scrolling down the screen looking at the various pictures of the why don't we band .

Just watching their pictures was helping my condition. Suddenly my phone started vibrating , I looked at the caller and it was Idara. Why would she be calling at two in the midnight.

I picked the voice call and put the phone on speaker ,

"Hello." I said immediately ,
"Hey why are you not sleeping." She asked with her accent laced voice making me sigh,

"I can't sleep."  I said still looking at different pictures.

"Why? What's wrong?" She asked.
"Well everything is complicated , it's a long story."

"Wow so you're keeping a long story from me?" She said with a scoff making me laugh.

"Okay , it's not even long , everything started on Friday." I said and even remembering the incident was spoiling my mood.

"Okay go on." She said back and I heard shuffling maybe she was lying on her bed.

"Can we do video call? I want to see your face while I talk." I said back , And heard her chuckle in response.

I made my phone lean on the pillow and her face also came to view, she was grinning.

"Okay you're seeing my face , go on."

"Well I caught Teni kissing a girl  , it was at a party. And I ignored him for two days . Monday came and while we were talking , with me having plans to end things, his mum called.

She called to say his sister was very sick. And she has a hole in her lungs which was caused by an accident which happened a long time ago."

I was cut off by my sister , with her medical knowledge, she began explaining the situation with big grammers.

"That's emphysema , it's a type of COPD . I don't think it's that since you said it  was an accident then I guess it's punctured lungs. She'll need surgery...."

I cut her off with a glare ,
"I was about to tell you that she will soon do the surgery , please let me talk finish."

She raised her two hands up
"Sorry ma."

I chuckled , "okay and we talked, she said she was happy that I was with her brother and you know I was planning to end it so I couldn't and now Hakeem thinks that it's a wrong idea."

"Okay that's complicated, and poor Hakeem , he likes you but you don't see it."

"Stop with that he likes me stuff , he doesn't."

"He does can't you see , that's why  he got angry when you told him you were with Teni now , and I'm sure he thought maybe he had a chance now that Teni kissed someone. And he's an asshole for doing that."

"A big one but now I don't know Idara, but what I know is once Nini is through with her surgery and she's fine I'll figure it out."

"How?"

"I don't know ,I'll leave Teni . And live my single life back , it's better than this complicated dating life."

"That's what I think all the time ." She said referring to why she has been single for the past three years after breaking up with Femi.