💔1💔

Hi everyone,
The first chapter is up!!

MERCY’S POV

“Vibration , I see what you do.....” I sang as I slowly closed my box. Dancing and moving my body according to the beats.
I love that song , definitely one of my favourites. Still dancing, my door opened, startled I jumped and looked at the door. Mum was there standing with a frown on her face

“Do both of us a favour and let us go. You know the traffic in Lagos is not small and I don’t want to waste time.” She said as she looked around the room. I knew she felt bad , her two daughters were no longer with her. She’s one of the reason I decided to study in Nigeria , so I could be near her.

I walked up to her and hugged her little figure , she chuckled as she wrapped her arms around me ,
“Omo mi atàta .” She said rubbing my back . I sniffled, And she pulled back,
“Ehhh don’t tell me you’re crying.” She said laughing
. I quickly cleaned my face , “mummy , me ke.” I said my voice going a pitch higher.

She chuckled obviously knowing that I was lying.
She pecked me on my forehead , “lemme get dressed so we can go.” She
said and left my room.

If daddy was around, he would have been the one to follow me , but he’s not in Nigeria right now. He went on a business trip or so.
I remembered when we wanted to register in my secondary school , daddy was the one there am sure he’s even bothered wherever he is.

I carried the box from my bed and placed it on the floor near the remaining ones.

I picked my phone and walked to my bathroom. I set the phone gently on the counter and pressed play to the song playing.

**†**

I looked at the mirror for the tenth time , I decided to drop my braid. I was wearing my camouflage skirt and a crop top.
I wore the white vans that Idara bought for me with it and it really fit.
“Mercy get out of that room!” mum shouted from the parlour.

I gave myself another one over , and nodded. The girl facing me looked excited, happy ,sad , scared, everything together.

I stepped closer to the mirror and muttered to the image ,
“It’s going to be fine. Fighting!” I said . I walked out of the bathroom , the boxes were already downstairs so I just took my clutch purse that I had prepared down already.

“I don’t know how many hours you want to use to wear clothes. Wait , wait young lady where are you wearing that cloth too?” My mum asked with a scowl on her face.

“Mummy I showed you yesterday night na , that I was going to wear this and you said okay.” I said back . I knew she was half asleep that yesterday and now she will just have to let us go since we were late .

“Olorun (God) , ahh , if you resume now , you will surely wear clothes worse than this. Ahh where did I go wrong?” she said dramatically.

She carried her bag from the chair it was a to match with her Ankara gown. The gown reached her knee and since she has a small stature she looked like my elder sister not mother .
“Mummy, no na.” I said ,this was the shortest skirt that I have but it’s in different colour and it’s just a little higher than my knee.

I always wear crop top so I don’t know why it looked so foreign now. She shaked her head and walked out.

I followed her and entered the car , Mr wale horned and the gateman quickly opened the gate waving goodbye at me
I waved back and then we were out of the house.
From lekki to unilag  wasn’t that far , I think. We left the estate and drove into the main road , the whole area was filled with activities.