💔6💔

Sorry for the late update , I've been busy lately.
My school has started online classes and it's been stressful.

Read on ppl... Oh wait , I'm going to introduce new books here after this chapter and trust me they are good.
Okay read on...

MERCY'S POV

"Here take water." Hakeem said passing the bottle water to me.

I quickly grabbed it from his hand and drank the water.

After I calmed down ,I looked at him ,
What did he mean by date? , This wasn't a date? Or was it? .
"What do you mean by first date?" I asked unsure and then he started chuckling making me scowl at him.

"It was a joke ." He said but I just ignored his voice and instead placed my attention on my plate of rice and chicken .

"Are you angry?" He asked  again , I ignored him again.

Wait was I angry? No I wasn't  , I was just embarrassed.
A tiny flick of hope light in me when he said date and now it has been crushed.

"Mercy, okay... I won't joke around with you again "

I looked up , this was the first time I heard him call my name  .

he was pouting and he looked so cute , too cute and as if on purpose his thick curly hair fell over his forehead slightly brushing his eyebrows.

My hands were itching to pull it back , but how will I even explain why ? So I kept my hands in check.

The way he wanted me to talk made it seems like the roles has been reversed.

"Am not angry ." I said back after lots of attempts.

"Finally after all the pleading."he said in a teasing voice.

"Yeye boy , shouldn't we get going?" I asked as I checked my wristwatch.

He brought out his phone from his pocket and checked the time too.

"Ohhh... Let's go." He muttered as he stood up.
I picked my bottle of Fanta from the table and walked out of the restaurant with him.

While walking out of the big building we saw the latest movies banner ,I pointed at it to show Hakeem ,

"we should all come here to watch movie some time." I said as he looked at the banners

"Yeah we should ." He replied  before adding, "but no sappy romance."  Making me laugh.

We dumped all the shopping bags on the backseat , I arranged mine away from his so he won't take it in by mistake. my babies must be safe .

After a thirty minutes drive which was quicker than when we were going , we stopped in front a mini duplex.

They were all living together so I guess I should have expected something like this.

He drove into the compound which was surprisingly neat but tight. Lots of cars were parked , loud music were already playing, people were also around the whole compound.

"We missed the whole surprise stuff." I said to Hakeem which looked unfazed by the whole view or even by the idea of drinks getting late to a party.

"It's better like that." He muttered and stepped out of the car. He opened the back door and carried all the bags ,

"Don't mix the nylons oo. Please." I said peaking into the car to check the side he was taking the nylons from. He looked up at me and shakes his head.