💔34💔

Hey guys,
I know I promised yesterday and I was actually done with the chapter but my phone got switched off.
She_nala .

And @peacepatra ,  congratulations on your award of first to comment in last chapter.
and Fame_lanky the future seer.

okay so read on and team Teni...
Don't lemme talk.

Mercy's POV

Have you ever felt so betrayed, so foolish, so broken, cause right now I was feeling everything together and it hurts.

I stared at the picture, at the videos , how the girl was dancing in one, talking in one, she even had her brother in one. Teni made a fucking video with her.

I was so angry that I was about to throw the phone before I  remembered the owner and how the phone was like his wife. I passed the phone back to him.

Everyday I pray for this girl, there's no day that my heart don't go to her, there's no day that I don't think about her.

Everytime I tell him that I want to see her he makes up one excuse, she's in a critical condition and can't receive visitors. The doctor said this , the doctor said that.

Was I the fool for actually believing him, for thinking that he was right.

She is his sister, he's not supposed to drop a big lie on her head so  it's probably not my fault.

How could he do this? How could he face me , look into my eyes and lie every single day.

"Mercy what's wrong?" Hakeem asked but I couldn't find it in myself to answer, I was just staring straight ahead, remembering all the times he told me she was still there and how his mum was even admitted cause of high blood pressure. He even said he was visiting there today , he even lied to my face today!

I felt someone shake me,  slowly making me see my  surroundings again.
I found Hakeem standing right in front of me concern laced in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly,
"He.... He lied.... He fucking lied!" I cried out  and walked out of the sitting room.

I entered my room and grabbed my purse before stepping out again. My eyes caught the moon pendant necklace that he gave me and I angrily picked it and dropped it in my purse.

"Mercy.. mercy stop and talk to me, what's happening?" He asked again , I looked up to meet his eyes.

"That girl, the one that did the video.... She's... She's niniola, Teni's sister that was meant to still be in coma." I said and the realization hit me again 

I felt angry tears gather in my eyes. Hakeem also looked angry but he still pulled me close to his chest.

"It's okay." He said , 
I pulled out of the hug not feeling the usual comfort and warm I would have felt.

the anger I was feeling wasn't making me feel anything, any reassurance from the hug or from what he said.

"It's not, hakeem." I said and grabbed my phone from the table before turning to the direction of the door. My plate and drink long forgotten for the first time .

"Where are you going?" He asked following me.

"I'm going to that bastard's house. Does he think I'm a fool , uh? Do I look like one, I think I do." I said making Hakeem sigh. He rubbed his hands across his face