💔59💔

hello everyone, thanks for your support and comments.

enjoy and read on,

CHAPTER 59

MERCY'S POV

I grinned happily walking into the apartment, I am sure he would be hella surprised to see me here today. Even though it was any other day since he was a continent away and I was showing up without any notice he would still be surprised. in fact, me myself I am surprised.

The only person who knew I was here is Halima and she picked me from the airport. it has been crazy keeping it a secret from him.

I quietly dropped my bag and walked in the direction Halima had earlier told me, his door was so obvious. A big do not disturb sign was placed in front of his room making me chuckle, quietly of course.

I sighed and quietly opened the door, wait was is this, what the fuck am I seeing? What is happening? ........

Okay I am sure you guys don't understand what's happening, let us go back to a year ago.

.....................

I skipped a page from the book again, grabbing my phone in annoyance. He is supposed to have called, right?

I looked at the mirror again, tucking my braids in well and trying to divert all my attentions from the phone back to my book. We are having a quiz tomorrow and I am prepared. I just need a little brush up here and there and I would be good to go.

I sighed again before standing up from his bed. It has been two months since he left. The first one month was not easy for either of us. The long distant relationship seems to be working but it just hurts that the person I see everyday before is now a person I can only see on my phone.

And yeah, he is much more handsome now if that is even possible and that makes me worry about that Eniola girl. I know Hakeem does not like her, but you never know. I trust him, I do but you never know. Shit happens.

I am not the one he sees now, okay maybe I should drop this insecurity somewhere. Hakeem would never do something like that.

I grabbed my phone from my bed and went to my class group chat, that group has become one of the things keeping me going with a smile on my face. different people coming there to drop their own drama, i swear that place is a comedy group chat.

And oh, not just that, my project partners too. God, those girls are so much fun. We go to parties together and during those nights Hakeem calls every two minutes. Yeah exaggeration but you get the point.

Shefia and Banke has been a real ball of sunshine in my life. I think God sent them to my life to just make it shine.

Mum and dad to also explained everything and promised that I would go abroad by next year. I understand, and I know everything is God's plan. Idara is almost done and I am happy for her. she finally becomes  doctor of the house. and that girl is still hopelessly waiting indirectly for senior Femi. 

as for my boyfriend, Hakeem goes for therapy two times a week and a gym almost every day. I just wish I can touch those muscles, like I would do anything to be his arms right now. to feel his lips against mine, to touch him but all is well. we cannot do all that on video call.

Therapy has been fine there, Halima said he only talks lightly with me and her though, but I can feel it that he is getting better. His voice sounds lighter and I guess we are just trying to make it work.