💔27💔

Another update!
Shortest chapter ever!

MERCY'S POV

The sound of the door closing got the weak girl to shake in her bed. Teni walked closer to her bed as she opened her eyes.

Her eyes roamed the room before landing on her brother's. She gave him a weak smile and Teni did the most unexpected thing , he hugged her with her lying and weakly moving her hand across his back.

"I'm fine Teni ." She said making Teni nod ,
"You must." He said pulling back from the hug.

I walked closer to them , " Nini hi." I said walking to the side of her bed.

She turned her head and smiled at me ,
"Mercy you're here. You have a thing for being beautiful whenever I see you." She said making me chuckle.

Even in her situation, she still made a joke and acted like she was good and really healthy. Nothing must happen to this lovely girl.

"You too ." I said back , she nodded and said something in her brother's ear.

Teni nodded and turned to me ,
"She wants to have a girl's talk I'll be outside." He said begging me to agree , did he think because of what he did I won't spend any time I had with this girl.
Then he was thinking wrong.

"Bro , go I'm not stealing your girlfriend." She said making him chuckle but he stopped halfway and cleared his throat before leaving the room.

I walked closer to her and held her tiny Fragile looking hand ,
"So how are you feeling?" I asked with a small smile.

"Let's be honest , I'm not too good. I'm just happy that you're with my brother to keep him sane." She said with her weak voice.

She was breaking all the wall that I had built against Teni bit by bit. I couldn't leave him at this time right? , When he needed someone the most.

"He's going to be fine." I said reassuring her but. She shook her head ,

"He blames himself for the accident , cause he was the one who said he wanted to go out. He hides that feeling but I can see it , he blames himself for everything." She said catching me off guard.

Why will he blame himself , and hate himself for that.

"But now that you are here ,  you can help him get through this especially now that i need the surgery and I don't know if I'll make it." She said with a sigh.

"You will make it okay? No matter what you'll fight for your life there cause you're a fighter , you've made it here looking happy and even more healthy than a normal child so I'm sure you'll make it. Don't think like that okay?" I said tears pooling in my eyes.

It was heartbroken to see her like this ,

She nodded and smiled , "thanks Mercy. I'll fight like you said and I'll come out alive. "

"And I'm going to get you Ice cream." I said making her grin ,

"That's a promise." She said and I nodded ,
"Yeah it is." I said back.

"I think  they put sleeping pills in my drip I'm feeling sleepy again." She said slowly .

I watched as her eyes slowly and lazily closed , I cleaned my face and walked out of the room.

I looked at the passage and Teni was seating on one of the waiting chairs his head wrapped in his hands. His legs were shaking and I knew he was scared , scared of losing his sister.