Chapter 41: Shadow

Scarlett

"Before we get inside... I have a surprise."

Mason grins at me as I put the keys on the lock, while he carries Alessandro on the baby carrier basket.

Looking at him, I narrow my eyes. "A surprise? Inside the house?"

He nods.

What could it possibly be?

"It's not a party is it?" I frown at him, making him snort. "Hell no, do you really think I would want to spend time with other people instead of you two?"

I smile at his sweetness, and giddiness consumes me at the antecipation.

"What is it then?"

"Open the door and you'll see."

I huff out but do as he told, slowly.

"Hurry up, it's no monster." Mason teases.

I send him my middle finger, making him chuckle.

When opening up the door, I gasp with wide eyes, as the black small pet runs to me.

"Oh my god." I gush, squatting down to pick up the little puppy.

He licks my face, making us laugh, and I feel my eyes water while my hand pets his small head.

This last week has been a hell of a emotional roller-coaster.

"Hi buddy." I whisper, as he nuzzles his muzzle on my shoulder.

Looking back at Mason, I see the loving smile he has looking at me.

He has never looked better with that awe look on his face, his veined arm filled with dark ink holding the carrier with out baby inside, sleeping peacefully.

"Thank you." My voice shakes, as I lock my eyes with his dark brown ones.

He opens one arm, and grinning I go to his embrace.

I kiss his cheek multiple times, mumbling 'thank you's' everytime.

"You're welcome, kitten." He chuckles, his hand going to pet the puppy.

He's so cute, it's the dog I've always wanted, I don't know how he knew it though.

It's a black labrador retriever, with brown eyes, and I have the sudden urge of hugging the shit out of the him.

So freaking adorable.

I put him on the floor, and smile when he starts to circle around Alessandro, sniffing.

Mason puts the baby carrier on the floor, as we both look at the puppy gently watching him, and do a small cry.

"Guess our baby has a new best friend."

Mason nods agreeing with me and kisses me head.

"I love you. Thank you." I whisper, kissing his jaw, making him smile at me, eyes gleaming with happiness.

"I love you kitten."

We go inside, the puppy who doesn't has a name yet, following us, and having some difficulty climbing up the stairs which makes us laugh.

His paws are little for the steps.

When we reach our bedroom, a crib is already next to our bed, and cautiously Mason lands the baby basket at the blackjack carpet, and picks Alessandro up slowly.

I fed him before we left the hospital, so now he's on his nap.

I kiss Alessandro head, before Mason lays him at his crib, gently, and I stop breathing when my baby opens his eyes slightly but falls back asleep instantly.