Epilogue

Mason

7 years later

I would never thought I'd be nearly thirty years old, with my house walls shaking from high pitch screams.

Sometimes I love it, others I have the urge to press two pillows on my ears.

"Isn't this whole ass mansion supposed to be soundproof?" Dion sighs, leaned back on the chair of my office at home, as I rake my fingers through my black hair.

"They're in the backyard, the windows are bulletproof, not kid screams proof." I grumble, shutting off my laptop.

I won't get anymore work done.

"Your ass stinks!" A scream comes from the outside, making me and my best friend snort.

"That was Conan, without a doubt."

"That kid is a clown." I nod, standing to go watch them through the window.

My backyard looks like a playground.

The sun shines bright, the palm-trees green and alive with the summer weather, and four kids outside, jumping into the fresh pool, playing with florescent water guns.

"Kiss my ass, you asshole!"

Dion groans, looking at me.

"Is that how you educate your kids?"

I grin, proud of my little girl, who's not that little anymore. "She's a fierce little thing."

Athena. Our six year old girl.

In her bright pink swimsuit she runs after Gabriel, Dion and Kenzie's four year old son, with a green water pistol in her hand, shooting it like a pro.

She's mine, of course she's a pro.

Today is Sunday, and while we usually would spend the day at the beach, we've changed the plans, being Athena birthday.

Our whole family is here, Xander, my dad and Wes outside, watching the kids while talking, and my wife, and the rest of the women are inside the kitchen, setting up the snacks.

Dion and I had a quick matter to discuss so we came upstairs.

"We should go downstairs, those hell raisers are too much for only three men." Dion sighs, eyes on his own kid as he jumps into the deep end of my pool.

Agreeing, we head out, immediately a delicious smell filling my nostrils, definitely coming from the kitchen.

As we reach the last step of the stairs, gray crashes into my soul, making my heart thud and my breath itch.

My trace is quick dissolved as she grabs my hand with alert eyes.

"Come with me." Scarlett urges, making us climb back upstairs, with hurried strides.

"Hey, what's going on?" I frown, following beside her, nearly running to keep up.

What the fuck?

"Fuck." She mumbles as she opens our bedroom door, and darts out to our bathroom.

I run after her, cursing under my breath as she kneels next to the toilet, just heaving into it.

I kneel next to her, rubbing her back through her black satin dress, putting her hair in a elastic band that I carry around my wrist for this exact reason.

"You're feeling sick?"

"Yeah. I've been all morning, but I can never throw up."

Consequences of being four months pregnant with our third child.