Chapter 13: Off guard

Scarlett

"How the heck are you so skinny?" Sophia grumbles as I munch my strawberry pie.

Pure heaven.

"I work out a lot, and have a good metabolism. Mason says I'm a fat ass though. " I grin at her, taking another bite.

She scoffs, rolling her eyes. "He means that you have a nice ass, not that you're fat." I nod pointing my fork at her. "True." She sighs and drops her ching to her hand. "Who's the guy?" I ask her.

"What?"

I shrug. "Isn't it supposed when a girl sighs a lot meaning that she's in love?"

I swear I heard that somewhere.

Twitter, maybe?

Sophia laughs, shaking her head. "I could but I'm not. I wish I could be like you. The boss and you are like... made for each other."

"I've heard that you find it when you're not looking for it."

Twitter too, maybe?

"That may be true... but I don't know. You're two are goals, and we don't even see half of it." I nod.

That's the most verdict thing.

"Do you have tinder?"

"Hell no. Why would I?" she frowns at me, like I'm crazy. "Well you don't leave this mansion much, tinder is easier to find someone... it doesn't need to be romantic, just someone to talk to."

She looks at the ceiling, thinking about what I said. "You have a point but I don't know, I'll think about it."

"You should, it's good to get out off our comfort zone sometimes. It may be good for you, who knows." I wiggle my eyebrows at her making her laugh. When she turns around to take something out off the fridge my phone buzzes.

MASON:
office, kitten.

Scarlett:
do I really need to?

MASON:
yep. move that ass.

I sigh and slowly leave my chair. "Boss called. See you." I wave bye at Sophia, before rushing to the stairs.

Climbing the passage steps, I take my time, because I'm lazy, and the less I do, the less I want to do.

Lightly, I knock at the door and open it, seeing Mason on his usual black outfit, his lower back leaned on the desk.

Approaching him, after closing the door behind me, I open my arms, grinning. Mason snorts a chuckle and opens his own, so that I can wrap my arms around his torso, his around me.

"All good kitten?" He whispers, kissing the top of my head, I nod. "Just lazy. What is it?"

"You and I, Dubai?" I lift my head off his chest and look at him with evident confusion.

"What?"

I'm not lazy brained, am I? Maybe just a little, but what does, you and I Dubai, means? It just rhymes.

Rolling his dark eyes, Mason tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "I have business in Dubai to take care, due date in two weeks, so we could stay for maybe a month?"

I bet my eyes lit up like a child on Christmas morning.

Dubai is one of my favorite places in the world. And the thought of going with him for a while makes me giddy.

"Seriously?"

Mason nods, and I grin pecking his lips. "Hell yes."

He chuckles and kisses my forehead, lowering his hands to the back pockets of my black jeans, his fingers giving a little squeeze to my ass.