Chapter 23: Patience

Scarlett

"And marry me?"

Mason asks, opening the black box, showing a beautiful silver diamond ring, as tears wet my face, my heart jumping out of my chest.

I look at him in shock and awe simultaneously. I wasn't expecting this at all.

A grin takes over my parted mouth and I nod, having difficulties in finding words.

He gets up grinning. "Is that a yes?"

I laugh through my tears. "No."

His grin flatters making me snort on my own laugh.

Does he really think I would mean it?

"Of course it's a yes. I fucking love you." I say, salty tears reaching my lips.

He laughs and picks me up, swirling us as we laugh, and claims my lips when putting my feet on the floor.

"You're impossible Scarlett." He mumbles between kisses making me hum and push his face closer.

My tears are felt in our passionate kiss, both his large hands cupping my cheeks.

We put every emotion on our chest into it, savoring the blissfull moment.

I think I'm dreaming.

He pulls away with a suck of my bottom lip, leaning our foreheads together.

"I fucking love you, even if you constantly give me heart attacks." He breaths out making me softly laugh, the tears still falling.

"I love you so fucking much, Mason. You're my purpose on this entire universe." I whisper back, looking into his shining dark eyes that I feel so in love with.

Finally, he grabs my shaky hand and takes the ring he gave me, putting the engagement one.

It's perfect.

It's so delicate and breathtaking. I love this man with every breath I take.

He takes my necklace with the thunder pendant and adds the skinny black ring, putting the necklace back around my neck.

Smiling, I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into another kiss.

"I can't get enough of you." I mumble.

"I love you, forever." His thumbs wipe my tears, as I sniff softly, calming myself down.

Guess now it's my turn...

"I have something to tell you." I whisper, my lips fanning his.

He nods. "What is it?"

Pulling away from our embrace, I wipe my eyes, glad that I didn't put any makeup effort on them, and take the envelop from my bra.

I know, great place to hide it, but it was the only idea that came to my mind.

I hand it to him, frowning while opening it.

Bitting my lip waiting for him to reach the bottom of it and see his reaction, I rock on my heels rubbing my left wrist.

Seconds seem like years as he reads, and I just want him to reach that part.

I'm so nervous.

His eyebrows shot up and his eyes stay focused on one part of the paper. Slowly, Mason looks at me.

"Is this real?" He breaths out, making me nod as he approaches me.

"Are you fucking serious, Scarlett?"