Chapter 12: Disfunctional

Scarlett

Arriving to the mansion, I let Sophia at the door while I put my car on Mason garage.

I'm pissed at him, not going to lie. Not because he killed her father, but because of what he did after.

I enter the mansion by the underground floor, and climb up the stairs to the first floor, heading to the kitchen.

I know there's some aid kit somewhere here.

"The aid kit is on the bathroom." Sophia says and I nod, leaving to go grab it.

They have a bathroom here too, I didn't know until recently, actually.

Opening the door to the small white and gray bathroom, I take the aid kit from behind the sink. The corner of my lip is a bit busted and stings, but I can barely feel it.

Next second I know, there's Dion, Mackenzie and Sophia at the door.

Oh God...

"Huh... hi?" I frown at them and Dion smirks. "Damn was Mason that rough?" I roll my eyes as Mackenzie slaps his shoulder. "Stop being a pervert! She took a punch."

"No big deal." I shrug putting the alcohol in it. "Oh. Mason will kill someone." Dion wiggles his eyebrows, and I catch Sophia scared gaze.

"Dude, it's just a scratch." I mumble.

I'm too late because Mackenzie is already shouting his name. Fuck me.

"Kenz! I can handle a scratch, fuck sakes." I hiss and she pouts at me. I can feel Sophia fear from here.

"What?" Mason voice booms, and I roll my eyes.

Can't take a second to myself.

Before the anger himself comes, I start to put the alcohol on the cotton wipe and dab it on the wound.

"The fuck happened?" he frowns looking at me, I just continue to do what I'm doing. "She took a punch." Dion mumbles, and I sent him a dirty glare from the corner of my eye.

It isn't that bad to be honest, the bleeding already stopped.

"Let me see, kitten." He gently grabs my chin, turning my face to him. "Who the fuck did that?"

"It's just a scratch, Mason." I roll my eyes and continue to dab it. He rolls his dark eyes and turns to Sophia.

God, poor girl.

"Who was it?"

"No one. Let it be, jesus." I say to him and drop the cotton on the trash can, Mason sends me a glare before looking again at her.

"Who was it?" His voice is colder and sharper, as he demands.

"A-a street gang." Sophia mumbles quietly. "Which one?"

"The trio."

Mason groans, and tells them all to leave.

Sophia looked like flash.

He turns to me but I continue to not look at him. "What's with the attitude?" He asks, crossing arms, leaning on the doorframe.

That doesn't work on me.

"What attitude?" I roll my eyes once more, annoyed. He raises a eyebrow. "Drop it."

Huffing out, I pass by him and leave.

I'm annoyed so I roll my eyes and huff out a lot, it's one of the things I can't hide.

"The hell Scarlett?" He follows me as I climb up the stairs, two at two, ignoring him.

I enter his room and head to the closet but he grabs my elbow, turning me around. "What the fuck did I do?"

Glad he knows he's the reason.

We both stare at each other's eyes, with looks somewhat challenging.

"I need a shower." I try to pass by him but he cages me between his body and the wall. "We've talked about this. I can't read minds." he warns and I roll my eyes.

"Do you really think what you did to Sophia was correct?" This time he rolls his eyes. "I killed her father, and? You should know better than anyone, it's life."

"Not that. If it was Yaakov offering a job after killing your sister, would be great huh?"

Oh shit, I think I shouldn't have.

Mason eyes go black, his jaw clenched. "Don't bring Alessandra into this." He almost growls at me, I raise a eyebrow. "Watch it. I'm just trying to prove a point. You killed her father, and offered her job, imagine."

After another minute of us challenging each other with our eyes, he sighs and drops his arms from the wall. "The guy owned me money, and killed one of mine. I had to. My dad knew they were low on money and that Sophia had a cooking degree."

I roll my eyes. "Couldn't you find another place for her, one of your restaurants, hotels, or something?"

"I would still be her boss."

"But she wouldn't have to work under the same roof as you!" I roll my eyes and he goes back to cage me. "Stop rolling your eyes at me." He hisses, his hit breath fanning my lips.

I roll them again, but not on purpose, I really can't control it.

He groans and I gasp as he grabs my throat. "Stop it."

I move my hips forward so our parts are rubbing on each other.

"Or what?" I challenge him and he gives me a look saying not to test him.

Like it works...

I tap his hand on my throat and he drops it.

There's times we don't want to be touched, so we have this thing where we tap each other to give space.

"I'm going for a shower." I say and he sighs, running a hand over his hair.

I enter his closet taking underwear, a pair of leggings and a black t-shirt. When I get out, Mason is leaning on the wall.

"Are we really going to stay mad because of this?" He asks.

"I'm annoyed, not mad. Try to put yourself in her position."

"That didn't occurred to me at the time, and I wasn't in need for any cooker at my other places."

"You could switch one to here and her to one of those." I shrug.

He groans. "God Scarlett. I get it, it was wrong of me. Can we get over it now?"

I shrug at him. He narrows his eyes and steps closer, cupping my face in his large hands.

They're cold, it feels nice against my skin.

Mason pecks my lips looking at me after, seeing if I'm good with it.

Seeing that I am, he kisses me and I don't hesitate on kissing back. Our lips move in sync, my body loving it how just a simple thing like this, lights fire inside.

Before he deepens it, I pull away. "I really need a shower."

He nods, playfulness on his dark brown eyes. "You do." I snort a laugh. "Idiot."

"I love you." he whispers kissing my forehead, I smile and kiss the middle of his throat. "Who wouldn't?"

He slaps my ass and I groan entering the bathroom.

Bitch.

I think we're disfunctional at times.