Chapter 20: Enemies

Scarlett

When the limo comes to a stop, Mason opens the door and extends his hand to me, helping me leave.

There's two photographers at the entrance, and I notice the flashes going on as we walk to the stairs.

Mario leaves the limo and signals the photographers to stop, which they do immediately.

What power can do.

Mason interlaces our fingers, climbing up the stairs, and when we get to the two giant wooden doors there's a bachelor there.

"Your name will be called soon, Sir."

Mason nods once with a poker face to the man.

"I love you." He whispers on my ear making it hard to contain a smile.

Once we step foot on that door first impressions are the key.

"I love you, a lot." I whisper back, making him give my head a light peck.

"And now Mason Matteo and Scarlett Black, from the Italian Matteo Mafia." We hear from the inside and Mason squeezes my hand as the two big doors open, showing the massive ball room, full of men in suits and women in the most different dresses.

All eyes are focused on us, as we walk inside, heads held high.

Looking briefly around I see that most of the women are being paid to be here. The difference is if they have a wedding ring or the same one I have, which most don't.

A guy with a tray full of glasses of champagne passes by us, and we take each one ours, as slowly the people go back to their socializing .

"You're good?" He mumbles and I hum as we go seat on our reserved places, some people nod at Mason along the way.

When we seat on the white chairs, with view for everything, I sigh.

If I could've come with sneakers I would've.

The room besides being massive it's decorated pretty well. On tones of gold, black and white.

There's a rail of stairs to a upper floor, probably for the bathrooms, with various pillars decorated with yellow lights circling them.

There's people upstairs talking and drinking champagne.

This is way too fancy. And knowing that it was Mason who planned this, it's even crazier.

"You have good taste." I say to him, locking eyes, sipping on my cup. His eyes look me up and down and a faint smirk forms on his face. "I sure do."

In all this I haven't thank him about the dress.

"Thank you for the outfit."

"Do you like it?"

I smile at him. "I love it. And the knife is delightful. Thank you, seriously." He leans his forehead on mine kissing my lips after. "You're welcome kitten."

"Matteo." A voice interrupts is making us go back to our postures, and Mason nods at the man in front of us, accompanied by a blonde woman with blue eyes, they look to be on their early fortys. And their married, both have the rings.

"Ariano, Matilda." Mason nods, greeting them. "What a beauteous you have here. We've never met before did we, darling?" The man smiles at me, extending his hand out.

"I'm afraid not. I'm Scarlett." I shake his large hand.

"What a beauty of a name, you found yourself a good one." Mason smirks looking at me and nodding.