Chapter 29: Flashback

Scarlett

Three months pregnant.

Time flies but my urge to throw up doesn't.

My belly has a slight bump, the minimal really, and no one knows yet. When I get too overwhelmed I head to my penthouse with Mario behind me, and Mason spends there the night.

We've talked about moving in together, but we're trying to manage everything correctly.

The FBI situation for what I know is still not over, and there's some problems with the shipments... I don't know a lot, he doesn't like to stress me much with it.

If I didn't ask, he wouldn't tell me.

I park my car on the mansion garage, Mario's SUV behind me.

"Now you can have your break Mario. Go socialize." I joke at him, making him chuckle. "Boss would cut my head off."

"I'm under his roof, you don't have to follow me around now."

"I know, but rules are that I can't be away for more than 10feet. If anyone barges in, I have to run to you, quickly."

I roll my eyes at that. "Mason exaggerates at times, I'm skilled as well, now go socialize, he doesn't needs to know."

"He's a mafia don, I'm sure he'll find a way." Mario chuckles, raising a brow, I smirk. "I have my charms above him, I'll take care of it if that happens, don't worry."

He sighs, thinking about it. "If you insist that much... I'll be on the gym with Cole. Call if you need anything, Mi-Scarlett." Mário corrects himself before he can say 'miss', I've told him multiple times it's Scarlett, nothing else.

"Great! Now go, I'll be eating in the kitchen." He chuckles and waves bye as we enter different doors.

I climb the basement stairs to the main floor, and enter the kitchen, my nostrils catching an amazing sense.

"Sophia... what are you cooking?" I grin at her, making her roll eyes. "Cookie cake, with chocolate topping."

Uh, that's new.

"Well, never had it before, but it smells amazingly." I wiggle my brows making her laugh. "You'll be the first to try, I know how you work."

I grin, giving her a thumbs up.

I should be a professional try out of foods.

"How's the lucky guy?" I question.

She's been talking to a guy through Tinder for almost a three months now, she tells me little bits of it but not much. I understand it, and also prefer it that way when it's with me, no need to overshare anything.

"We're meeting this weekend."

"That's awesome... are you nervous?" I smile at her seeing her fumble with the ends of her black apron.

She's shy about it.

"A little bit. I like him, he's easy to talk, but I don't know. I haven't been with anyone for so long, I just don't know how to be."

"Just be yourself. If he's easy to talk then you'll see the conversation will flow, if not anything else." I wink making her laugh, slapping my shoulder playfully.

"I'm here!" Mackenzie suddenly yells, scaring us both.

Looking at her she's with a huge smile in her face, with open jazz hands.

My heart is beating out of my chest, christ.

"The next time you do that, I will never cook more for you." Sophia threatens, pointing a fingers at her. She gasps. "Hey! Not fair." Mackenzie protests slapping her finger away.