Chapter 11: Conscience

Scarlett

It's been four months since Mason and I are together, and life couldn't get any more perfect.

We've been alternating the place we stay in, some days I sleep at the mansion, others he goes to my house and does work from there.

Today I'm in the mansion, since he has some meeting, and I was bored.

Wes is with Rachel, we can manage the restaurant from our phones so we don't need to be there 24/7.

Entering the kitchen, after taking a shower, I see Sophia.

Looking at her face I notice that it's not as happy as usual. She seems in a gloomy mood.

"Hey." I say and jump on the counter, she gives me a small smile muttering a hey.

Yep, definitely not ok.

"What's wrong?" As an answer to me he shakes her head, lowering her gaze.

Meaning, she's fighting back tears.

"You can talk to me, if you want." I assure her, but at the same time not pushing her buttons. If she doesn't want to say, I'm here as well.

"My dad birthday was today, if he was alive."

"Oh. I use to go for a walk, or visit places that remind me of mine and the happy memories. Want to do that?" I ask calmly.

If I said sorry it wouldn't do much. He won't come back because I was sorry for his death.

Unfortunately I don't have that power.

"I'm working, but thank you." She offers me a smile, I shrug. "I'll talk with Mason. He will understand. And besides you do your work well, a day won't make difference."

Sophia thinks about it, before sighing and nodding. "I guess. But only if the boss agrees."

I grin, nodding. "He will."

I rush the stairs, climbing them two at a time, and knock on his office door.

Hearing a 'come in' and opening the door, I peak my head inside.

There's some man with light brown hair, seating on the chair in front of Mason's desk, making me send a apologetic look to Mason. "

You can enter." he reassures, standing up from his chair, and I step inside, not giving importance to the man.

Mason points to the corner and I scrunch my nose once we're close. "Sorry for interrupting."

"It's ok, kitten. What happened?"

We're both whispering, not that this is some sensitive talk but no one needs to know our business. .

"Sophia's dad birthday was today if he was alive-"

"She can take the day off." he interrupts me, making my eyes narrow and smirking, he drops his hands on my jeans back pockets. "Let me talk, you moron."

"My apologies. You look sexy though." His dark eyes, eye me up and down making heat rush to my cheeks, as always.

"I always do. Now go back to work." I pat his shoulder.

"He's boring me, I should just put a bullet on his forehead." He rolls his eyes, making me chuckle. "Be patient. I have to go though."

"Be careful." he points a finger at me, I roll my eyes. "Yes mom." he sighs annoyed but kisses my lips, squeezing my ass with his hands.

I slap his shoulder and leave, leaving a smirking Mason behind.

Little asshole.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§