Chapter 27: Cake

Scarlett

I park my gray audi next to the moto that once belonged to my dad, and see Mason black Lamborghini parked there as well.

Leaving my car, I see Mason open his door, stepping out of his car.

Damn, I really am a woman of luck. So goddamn handsome.

He's by my side in matters of second, as I lock my car.

"All good, kitten?" He asks, a hand of his landing on my stomach, as he cups my face with the other, giving my lips a gentle kiss.

I smile at the stomach gesture. It's like it's automatic of him now.

"Yes, he is after you, but I'll tell you more at Xander house."

"Sure, you're coming with me now?" I shake my head, pointing to the black moto.

"Nope, riding the beast."

He eyes it warily before locking his dark eyes with mine. "You're sure you should ride it?" His eyes glance at my stomach briefly, making me understand his concern.

Cupping his face in my hands, I smile. "It's ok, I know what I'm doing." He nods and I trap his bottom lip with my lips, giving it a gentle nibble.

We decide that it's better if we go by different routes, and twenty minutes later I'm arriving at the gate of what once was my second home.

Mason car is already parked there so I put the moto next to it.

He intertwines our fingers once we walk inside the house being greeted by Xander and Octavia.

Xander doesn't waste time and starts asking questions.

"What does he want?" He leans on the kitchen counter, arms crossed, a focused frown between his dark eyebrows. "Get information about Mason."

"What kind of information? Have you ever seen the guy before?" He asks, rubbing the stubble on his chin.

Xander was my dad's second in command, he's smart and rational, thinks fast and ponders all options. I think that's why my dad had so much confidence  in him.

"I suppose it's about the mafia, he didn't really said. And I never had encounters like this, so I don't know him, but he gave me his card." I take it out of my jacket pocket and hand it to him, who then passes to Mason.

"I don't know him either." Mason denies, frowning at the card.

Xander looks at the floor while thinking. "I do my research, if that's ok with you?" He looks at Mason who nods. "Feel free to do it. I apreciate it."

"Good. I'll see what I can get." He leaves the kitchen probably to his office. Octavia enters it seconds after.

"I made cake if you want." I grin at her. "Where is it?"

I'm eating for two now.

She chuckles pointing to the fridge. "Inside, it's your favorite."

"Ugh, that's why I adore you." I smile and kiss her cheek, she laughs lightly and I rush to take the chocolate cake with strawberry topping off the fridge.

This is my favorite since I'm a kid.

Octavia was the cook back at home, me and my dad would always sneak inside the kitchen to eat whatever she was doing.

I take a napkin along with a knife and cut a fat slice.

"Anyone wants?" I wonder out loud.

Octavia shakes her head, pouring a cup of water for her, and Mason is deep in thought, head slightly down, tongue on the side of his cheek.