Chapter 5: Soft spots

Scarlett

After our heated morning, we both left for a shower and I'm cleaning up my room now.

The sheets are in a urgent need of a change, because they've been in a lot of use this last days.

Horny Mason fault.

Picking clothes that ended up in the most weird corners when we got too engrossed in each other, and meanwhile I open the massive glass doors that lead to the balcony, to refresh some air inside the bedroom.

It's in need of new oxygen.

Walking back downstairs, with the sheets on my arms to put on the laundry, I smell food.

Is Mason burning my house down?

I quickly put the sheets on the washing machine, and tiptoe to the kitchen.

Mason back muscles flex with every move he does, since he's just in gray sweatpants, but I still can't see what he's doing. It smells good, and he can cook, but not much.

At least in Italy he didn't do much.

Italy... I miss that week.

"Are you burning my kitchen?" I question behind to him, trying to see over his shoulder, but the asshole turns around, stopping me. "I will if you don't let me work."

"I'm not doing shit." I snort, looking at his deep dark eyes. "Your presence distracts me." he smirks and I scoff.

"Fuck you."

"I would rather fuck you instead. Is that a promise, kitten?" His smirk widens and I laugh.

Of course he would say that.

"Idiot." I mumble, walking to the black chairs on the kitchen island.

Twenty minutes after just drooling over the sight of a shirtless Mason with bed hair, he puts three plates on the table. Two empty and one full with pancakes and strawberry syrup.

My eyes widen, my mouth watering.

Looks so good.

"You made this? Are you sure you haven't ordered from Uber eats or something?"

"Shut up kitten." he grumbles pinching my hip. I lean on my side yelping, and slap his hand away.

That tickles.

As we both drop half of the pancakes on our plate, he looks at me as I take a bite. His stare is intense making me nervous of chewing it.

Why the damn, Mafia men have to wear the intimidate posture every second?

As I chew on it, my eyebrows raise in shock. "This is..." I put my hand up finishing munching the food on my mouth. "This actually tastes amazing."

He smirks, and I regret of boasting up his massive ego. "Told you."

I only shake my head, and we eat in silence, with Mason occasionally pinching my side, almost making me fall off the chair as we laugh.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

This week with Mason and I alone passed in a blink. Today he has to go back to being a mafia boss. We agreed that he would just go after lunch though.

I'm going with him, I miss Sophia and Mackenzie, I'm excited to see them.

I had gone for a shower and once I leave my bathroom, Mason is laying on his stomach, checking his laptop.

The muscles of his back are flexing as he types something, since he's just in sweatpants.

The view is great... he's so well sculpted, christ.