Chapter 30: Random

Scarlett

Four months pregnant.

My belly shows off a little more, but oversized t-shirts and hoodies from Mason make it go unnoticed.

I'm having lunch with Wes and Rachel, they called yesterday out of nowhere.

I don't mind, I'm alone at the penthouse today, Mario is at the door.

Wes said they would bring the food so I'm just putting the table, waiting for them.

My phone buzzes as I'm putting the last two cups, and grabbing it, I let out a laugh.

Wes:
Why's a scary guy at your door?

Rushing to the door I open it, making the attention of the three snap to me.

"Miss Scarlett, everything ok?" Mario asks, eyes going back and forth between me and Wes.

"Yes, Mario. You can let them in, it's my brother and his wife." Mario frowns but let's them in.

Wes kisses the top of my head as Rachel hugs me briefly.

"Sorry Scarlett , but boss hasn't told me of a brother." Mario frowns down at me. "Well he's not related by blood, but we were raised together." I explain.

"Oh. My apologies then."

I chuckle, shaking my head. "It's ok, you're just doing your job. Want to eat with us?" This time he chuckles. "Boss would cut my head off. But thank you."

I nod, understanding how Mason can be hot headed.

Entering back inside, Wes raise a brow at me. "Let me guess, Mason's doing?"

"Yep." I grin, my mouth watering at the food that surely Octavia did.

My favorite cake is here as well!

"God, to have a man like that in life. You're a lucky one." Rachel sighs dreamily making Wes gasp, and I laugh.

"Thanks for the part that concerns me, Miss Rachel." Wes narrows his eyes.

"Eh. No problems." She shrugs making Wes do a 'what the fuck' face to me, I just shrug.

They're business isn't mine.

"Let's eat, I'm hungry." Rachel says, seating on the kitchen island chair. We all take her lead, and start to fill our plates.

We eat relaxed while talking about random things, Rachel roasting Wes and him taking it all, while teasing each other.

They're too funny to be with.

I grin when Wes puts the cake above the kitchen island and cuts a big ass peace for me and Rachel.

I frown when they go silent sharing looks between them.

Clearing my throat, I look at both. "Is there something you want to tell me? Or are ya'll fucking with eyes?"

"What? No!" Rachel blushes, making Wes and I chuckle.

"Well Scarlett... we do have something to tell." Wes trails off making me nod. He nods at Rachel, as in encouragement form.

"I'm pregnant." She blurts out making my eyes widen.

I look at Wesley then at her, trying to see if they're pulling a prank on me. Wes nods, confirming that it's true.

"That's fucking awesome!" I grin and leave my seat to hug Rachel.

She chuckles whispering a thanks on my ear. Wes joins the hug too, making us laugh.