Chapter 38: Contractions

Scarlett

"Where's my t-shirt?"

My man grumbles, looking around the bedroom like a frantic puppy, rubbing the right side of his hip.

"I don't know, I'm not your wife."

I shrug, seated on the white armchair. He let's out a short laugh. "That was good a good one."

I grin up at him.

He goes to the couch area, and comes back with hands free, his abs still on show.

I bet all my money he's showing that around on purpose. Slapping me in the face with what I had but don't anymore. Instead I have a considerable watermelon.

He huffs out in annoyance, and looks at the ceiling, with hands on his hips.

I know he's controlling his stress by doing it so. We've been on short because baby Matteo is almost here, maybe next a week.

Getting up, slowly, I approach him and put my hands above his naked chest. "You have more on the closet." I say softly and his eyes lower to mine.

"I know, kitten... but that one can't just have disappeared. What the fuck?" He mumbles the last part, making me chuckle.

"It will appear, go get another one, we're late." I kiss his cheek, rubbing my hand on his chest in a soothing gesture that has his shoulders relax.

Octavia invited us for lunch, I guess Wes and Rachel are going to tell the gender of their baby.

They were only able to see it more afterwards than I did with Alessandro, because the baby wasn't letting anyone see.

She's six months pregnant already.

Mason nods and kisses the top of my head before heading to our closet.

I'm wearing a black dress that shows my shoulders, and hugs tightly my big belly along with my white air force. My brown hair falling straight on my back.

He comes inside the bedroom area again, now with a black t-shirt, followed by black pants and vans, his hair messy as always.

Mason tattooed arm goes around my shoulders as he kisses my temple. "Let's go gorgeous."

He has the obnoxious idea of carrying me bridal style until we reach the car.

Impossible. He is impossible.

Mason hand is on my thigh as we drive in the dark gray Lamborghini Urus, soft rap music playing on the background.

I see him smirk when we pass a specifically part of the road, making me slap his arm. "You perv."

He laughs, glancing at me. "What? I didn't think of anything."

His smirk denounces it.

The first time we were together at Octavia birthday, and things heated middle drive.

He knows that I know what he's thinking.

"Sure Xavier...and I'm a unicorn." I sigh, facing the window to hide my smile. "Awesome kitten. I'm marrying a unique being." I snort a laugh, looking at him.

"You're stupid."

"Perfect, you mean."

I laugh leaning my head in the black leather seat, and nod with a sarcastic grin. "Sure you are."

Deluded ass.

Mason gives me a side glance and chuckles, shaking his head. His hand squeezes my thigh, and the rest of the drive is made in comfortable silence.