Chapter 24: Laughs

Scarlett

I'm feeling sad.

We're back at America, already in the mansion emptying the SUV trunk.

Mason glares at me when I pick one of my suitcases.

"What?"

"You're pregnant, I take care of it." He whispers, in case anyone is passing by, even though no one is down here on the garage with us.

"You're not carrying all five suitcases. I have hands." I protest, shaking my hands.

"I'll call Santiago." He looks at me challenging with his eyes, I do the same but eventually give up, and seat on the trunk.

"Fine. Annoying ass."

He hears my grumble and flicks my forehead.

Twenty minutes later our bags are inside the mansion, Santiago and other man taking them upstairs, as Mason and I enter the suspiciously quiet house.

"Are they dead?" I ask, looking around the place.

"Kenzie is in her bedroom. Sophia and Dion are in the kitchen, that's why."

My mouth forms a 'o' shape.

Mackenzie is the life of party.

"Mason! My man." Dion grins once we enter the kitchen and pats Mason back. I grin at Sophia as she gives me a brief hug.

"Can I see it?" She grins excitedly and I extend my hand towards her, knowing she was referring to the ring.

Her eyes widen as she looks at it, admiring it closely.

"It's gorgeous."She whispers, amazed with eyes wide, making me chuckle. "Right?"

I can say I found myself a fiance with good taste.

"That was enough time. Lettie come see your favorite person." Dion grins taking me away from Sophia, and opens his arms.

Pretending to walk to him, I swerve my way to Mason last minute.

I hug his torso, his hands falling on my back as I chuckle at Dion's shocked face.

"I thought we had something Scarlett. I am disappointed." He fake sniffs making Sophia join my chuckles.

"Dude, she's marrying me. You're just a deluded guy." Mason cockyly says, smirking.

Dion gasps, as I turn my back to Mason chest, to look at him better. "Wait. You actually said yes? You're a lost cause." He whines, making me snort.

When I open my mouth to talk, Mackenzie runs into the room.

"I want to see the ring! Let me see." She sings, and grabs my hand.

Well damn, not even a hello.

"Where's the big rock?"

I hear Mason sigh at his cousin. "Some people like it discrete, Mackenzie."

"Wai-but... she deserves a big rock. This is so-it's not even here from afar." She frowns leaning back to accentuate her point.

"It doesn't need to. I love it like this, don't worry about it." I chuckle at her pouting face.

"But it's so... simple. It's gorgeous but so eh." Her nose scrunches, and Dion wraps his arm around her, shaking his head with amusement all over his face.

"That eh, costs more than your whole clothes." Mason deadpans, making everyone eyes widen.

Mackenzie has a lot of clothes, like a lot, and they're all expensive as shit.