Chapter 34: Happy birthday

Scarlett

I'm twenty two today.

How time goes by in a flash.

Never thought I would be twenty two, pregnant, and engaged to the most amazing human being I've ever met.

Even though he annoys the shit out of me.

I wrap a towel on my body, smiling when I see it hugs my growing belly.

Mason said to get ready, I only know that we're not staying at the mansion.

Since it's September and today is a sunny day, I put on a tight dress, showing off the bump, and a jacket above it, with my white air force.

I dry my hair with the towel, brushing it after and letting it fall along my back.

The morning nausea is finally getting less with the time, which I'm thankful, but my hunger is amplified.

Specially sweet cravings.

Mason said to meet him in the kitchen so grabbing my phone, I head there.

"Happy birthday!" Mackenzie says excitedly and hugs me. "Thanks!" I grin, and she rubs my bump.

"I still can't believe you're pregnant. When do you know the gender?"

"Maybe two weeks from here."

I'm excited.

Personally, I don't have preference in a boy or girl, I'll be thrilled with any gender.

"You should do a baby shower!" She gushes, making my eyes widen slightly. "I'll think about it."

"Great!"

Hopefully she'll forget this idea, I don't want any parties.

"I bought you something."

"What? You shouldn't have, I told you I didn't want anything."

She gives me a red box. "Shut up and open it."

Snorting a laugh, I delace the delicate box.

I grin seeing a ear piercing in form of a snake to put on my cartilage, and a box with strawberry chocolate.

"Thank you, I love it."

She grins at me, and helps me put the piercing on my ear as I open the chocolate box.

I'm pregnant, I have necessities.

"Sophia is gone because she's buying something. She said she wanted to make a special desert for you."  Kenzie mumbles fixing my hair back in place.

I laugh. "Damn, food is the best people can give me now." Mackenzie laughs, agreeing with me.

"Where's your cousin?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"Ask him." She points to a grinning Dion entering the kitchen. "Lettie! Happy birthday!" He hugs me briefly making me grin. "Thank you."

He kisses Mackenzie lips, before dropping a arm around her shoulder. "Mason is coming. Just finishing a call."

I nod at him.

"So how's my niece?" Dion wiggles his eyebrows making Mackenzie scoff. "It's going to be a nephew."

"Bet cutie, it's a girl."

"You'll see how it's a boy. I feel it." She grins proudly at him, as I smile watching the interaction of the two..

"What are you? A witch?"

"No dumbass. I'm a woman therefore I have motherly senses." Dion shakes his head. "Women and their theories."