Chapter 32: Days

Scarlett

I wake up from my sleep hearing commotion happening downstairs.

My bed is empty because Mason and the mafia were dinning out tonight.

The noise doesn't stop so I put Mason hoodie on and leave the bedroom, climbing down the stairs to go see what's happening.

Arriving to the main floor all men seem apprehensive, wearing dark clothes like they just came... out of a mission.

If Mason lied to me he's in big shit.

"What's happening?" I say making the guys share looks between each other, and I see Mackenzie worried face.

Why's no one answering me?

I hear Dion shout 'hurry the fuck up' outside, and that's when my heart stops.

Mason.

In a fucking stretcher, unconscious, with blood tainting his torso, and arm that hangs limply out of the stretcher.

No. No. No.

No way.

"What the fuck happened?" I rush to him but Dion blocks my way. I glare at him. "Dion, let me go!"

He grumbles against me pushing him, but doesn't move. "You can't, Scarlett."

What does he mean, I can't? It's Mason.

"Let me see him!" I argue, pushing against his chest.

Since when did this fucker got so strong.

"Scarlett, go to the bedroom." He grunts, not letting me go.

Everything is going fast, the guys are stopped watching Dion struggle with my attempts to run after Mason, as Mackenzie and Sophia stand on the start of the stairs with concerned faces.

"Are you fucking crazy? I'm not going anywhere!" I shout, pushing harder. "God, he told you're stubborn." Dion groans, struggling to keep his ground.

My heart is beating out of my chest, in fear and anger that I can't see my fiance.

Why did he lie to me? Is he fucking insane?

"Last warning, let me fucking pass!" I look him dead in the eyes, he shakes his head. "No, Scarlett, he sa-"

He shuts up when I point my gun at his head.

I'm fuming, my blood is boiling inside my veins.

I don't know if I should scream, punch him or cry.

"Let. Me. Pass." I growl, and from the corner of my eye I see the guys with widen eyes.

They can't point guns neither at me nor at Dion.

"Scarlett, think of it." He gives me a look, which just makes me more angered.

Think of what?

"I have nothing to think, let me fucking go!"

"You can't put yourself in stress! You're pregnant! " He shouts, making gasps being heard.

Of course he would know.

Breathing heavily, my chest raising up and down, and gun still pointed at his forehead, I curse Mason for now everyone knowing, while he's in that state.

My hands tremble from anger.

"Dion." Doctor Mariano voice echoes on the hall, making all of our attention snap to him.